Hello from Toronto/Markham

Introduce Yourself…

Hello!! I am a Vanlife enthusiast exploring traveling in a minivan and boondocking. I sleep in my Honda Odyssey no build , but in my own driveway. As a newcomer to Canada, I am hesitant to jump in and am looking for groups in Markham/Toronto area. Ideally weekend warriors and road trippers.
Also interested in investing in land to create dry campgrounds for Vanlifers.

1 Like

Hi from Toronto
I’ve traveled in my mod SUV a few times in Canada and in the US
Driveways are good for testing :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
I’m planning my next trip. Most probably to the US again
Where have you gone? Ontario only?
Cheers

Hello Chuss. I have slept in driveways only and once in a parking lot in Fenelon falls. Ready to do more.

Hey Ganku, I’m a little further south but still in Ontario. I too like to do few day trips in my golf and I’m hoping to get into full time vanlifing but the golf is a little small for that. Currently saving and looking for an affordable van.

Greetings!

Dirt cheap, really old motorhomes are often the best bang for the buck, and can be found in surprisingly good shape and with low miles even. With a new battery, new tires, new hoses & belts, and a good cleaning they can brought back to their former glory.

Buy one for a grand, put another grand into it, and you’re good to go for $2k. I just love good old cheap housing, and a dollar store sponge mop & some household floor wax will shine em up better than new.

An ozone bomb can kill off any mold, insects, and even hidden stuff, and make em smell like new inside again. And once it’s all clean & spiffy, it’s worth much more than your investment. It wasn’t unusual for me to make $5k-$10k profit when I sold them. I could have made a decent living just doing that.

Cheers!

"Learn more to earn more. Money making skills, not college." ~ Hidden Riches

Hey Van_Dweller, appreciate the response…that’s the plan to get started but I have been on the hunt for any sort of van and if they’re not rotten they’re 5-10k with high mileage. Just waiting for the right one at the right price at this point

Greetings!

They’re out there if you’re patient, and now that it’s off season the prices should be lower too.

Cheers!

"Learn more to earn more. Money making skills, not college." ~ Hidden Riches

1 Like

Here’s hoping I find something soonish