Hello from the road

18, nomad, male.

A partner and a vehicle increase the security of nomadic endeavours significantly. Altough I cannot drive myself because of a sleep disorder, I am searching for a vehicle owning nomad partners. I don’t care about my potential travel parnter’s age, sex, religion, race, or even language.

Though I don’t particularly like many new LessWrong posts, I’m a rationalist and a (polymathic) auto-didact. My favourite movie is Primer and I play percussion instruments. I can also be a big geek.

Greetings & Welcome!

Good luck in your search, I currently have two ladies for traveling companions. Life with company can definitely make the days pass by quicker, and having someone else’s cooking can be great too. I got promoted from chief cook & dishwasher to master BBQ Chef. Works for me!

I’m truly getting spoiled these days, the ladies make the beds, cook, clean, & even do all the laundry.

Cheers!

"Be the reason someone smiles today!" ~ Van_Dweller

1 Like

Lol—Perhaps they’re unconsciously competing about who is doing it better.

What BBQ equipment you got?

Greetings!

Maybe a little competition taking good care of me, since it’s my bus, and I’m the driver… It’s really great though, one elderly lady whose husband died last year, and was never able to do much traveling, and a 22 year old girl who’s in a wheelchair who got priced out of her apartment.

The 22 year old has been madly in love with me for over 5 years, and she doesn’t care that I’m old enough to be her grandfather. She says she’s never had anybody treat her like I do, even though I’m just being my normal self… She wants to be a permanent fixture in my life, and has proven amazingly capable in spite of being in a wheelchair. She doesn’t let it slow her down at all.

Neither has enough income to live happily ever after on, so I’ve been teaching them the art of making money, to improve their lives with or without me. At this point I think we might all be a permanent family though, and we’ve been having a blast. “Grandma” is totally on board with us “kids” being a couple. hehe (I’m 76, but I’m still a “kid” to her… “You kids do this or that…”) And we’re planning to winter at “Grandma’s” house in South Miami, and perhaps do some Florida exploring.

I have an old folding Hibachi folding BBQ that takes briquettes, and a shoebox style propane one that uses the green cannisters. I prefer the flavor from the Hibachi, even though it supposedly isn’t as good for you, but the propane one allows me to BBQ legally even when there are campfire bans.

Then I just got a “smokeless indoor stovetop BBQ grill” that I haven’t tried out yet. The girls found it, new in the box at a yard sale for $5. We’ll give it a whirl on the next rainy day.

I’m doing BBQ baby back ribs, stuffed twice baked potatoes, corn on the cob, and a Hawaiian whip cream mixed with fresh fruit salad for dinner tonight. My version of a luau, while overlooking a beautiful mountain lake. It’s hard to beat good scenery, good company, and good food.

Cheers!

"Be the reason someone smiles today!" ~ Van_Dweller