Hello from Germany | VW LT 35 Firetruck conversion

Hi, to all Van builders!
I´m Dominic from the south of germany. I´m 20 years old and a month ago I bought a VW LT 35.

The next step is to build the interior of this 33 year old firetruck. Thanks to Fusion360, the best cad programm (not sponsored :wink: ) I´ve made a plan of the van.

Check out the plan on Fusion 360 (takes a little bit to load): (Sorry, I can´t put links as a new user :disappointed_relieved:)

I wanted to know what you think about this idea?

I wanted to public the plans of the woodstove after I build and approved, maybe improved the stove.

That´s it for now.
Oh… wait, I wanted to thank the admin of the Instagram page, I´m always looking forward to see a new vanbuild!

1 Like

That’s awesome!

Never seen anyone convert a firetruck before. Make sure you share everything here

1 Like

What I´ve done so far:

Removed the old stuff from the firetruck.

Cleaned the whole car, inside and outside (That was fun with the right equipment :heart_eyes:)
Installed seatbelts in the two front seats, for the german TÜV and changed the sparkplugs, because the engine was running terrible with one faulty cylinder.

Removed the rust, welded in some metal parts and used underseal under the car to protect it.
Furthermore the firetruck got a new tailpipe.

And at last I installed rain flaps to protect the undercarriage even more.
I almost forgot, that I´ve also cleaned the carburetor. (Feels like 10hp more :muscle:t4:)

Hope you enjoy this kind of detailed report.

Greetings & Welcome!

Looking good, and love the pictures!

Cheers!

The only place where health, wealth, money, success,
and happiness comes before work is in the dictionary.

This looks incredibly cool. But, I’m not understanding the bed situation. Is it some type of Murphy bed? Where is the bed during the day? I’m sure your drawing is very clear–I’m just not very skilled at looking at architectural drawings. Do you have any more recent pictures of what’s happened since December?

Let´s go on…

… with Alubutyl, Armaflex (9mm) and a lot of Armaflex-Tape.

I also started to do the electric stuff.

Installed the solar system.

I used some 3-Layer-Panel for the build.

I´ve continued with the electronics …

… the radio …

… and the final installation of the electronics.

Then I built the kitchen pullout …

… and the pullout for the coolingbox.

Afterwards I installed some smaller drawers, the bedplate and a cover on the left side, which was later rebuilt to a door, to keep the table in there.

I removed everything to paint it and install some Armaflex on the floor.

Renewed construction, but this time with color.

Let´s start building the walls and ceiling with tongue-and-groove board.

Well done! I also installed a led-strip for the light.

Now I started to built the table from olive wood.

First test. As table legs i bought 2 Redwood table legs, witch are very comfy to install.

After the first night in the Firetruck I added some mosquito-net.

The last thing I did so far was the outdoor table platform, so i could use the same Table in and outdoor.

Hope you´ve enjoyed it so far.

I like how I’m being mentioned in the 3rd picture of your second post.

I have loaned my nickname from a British band over 20 years ago. What is it in german though? :slight_smile:

Thats the description of the fire truck, in this case it means “Kleinlöschfahrzeug”, in english: small fire truck.

Hallo, I also tried to learn few German words in spare time but didn’t get time to proceed further. Welcome at the forum.

That makes sense. I did study few years german at school but it has been 25 years and even then my vocabulary wasn’t stellar :slight_smile: