Heated Floor in Sprinter?

Hi Guys!

Has anyone ever installed heated floors in their van? Wondering if it may be better for heat than an Espar heater. If so, any info on brands to use etc?

1 Like

Greetings!

While some people seem to like overly complicated builds, I have become a true believer in the KISS principle. (KEEP IT STUPIDLY SIMPLE)

Things break and/or get worn out, a simple fact of life. The simpler and easier they are to repair or replace the better. A portable heater can be cheap and easy to replace, while being equally as effective. The more experience we get, the less complicated most of us want things. We embrace simple, cheap, and easy repairs or replacements, that we can find almost anywhere, and won’t cause us any down time.

Complicated systems can turn your dream into a nightmare, and devastate your finances. Just a little food for thought…

Cheers!

I second Van_Dweller, for sure. But. That would be cool. And if it were planned correctly would need no moving parts other than a few gallon gas hot water heater and copper pipe.

If you can deal with the maintenance and extra cost, DO IT!! Otherwise, DON’T

Another check for the keeping things simple box is this: It’s definitely possible, even if it’s complicated and expensive. But, if it’s something you become reliant on, what happens if/when it malfunctions? The more moving parts there are to anything, the greater the chance for (costly) problems.

That said, if you want underfloor heating, I really hope you get it and it works out for you! I find this guy on YouTube interesting: Insulating a van & underfloor heating

Another video: Skoolie Gets Radiant Floor Heating Installed ~ Ready For Subfloor

And another for comparison sake: VanLife Tour: Seriously a Land Yacht, 1000w Solar, Radiant Heat, Recirculating Hot Water Just a forewarning on this one: The van belongs to a guy that owns a solar company and his build, as incredible as it is, is not cheap! He has all electric appliances and 1,000 watts of solar. He has a shower that filters and recirculates the water for an endless shower. It has a UV Light as well that kills all the bacteria.

1 Like