Have you used Sketchup?

During the course of my research for my own build, I have binge-watched lots of others on youtube and this kept coming up over and over again.

I have lots of drawings and notes on paper and I have my design down as a given now, but using this free program called “Sketchup” my design literally came to life and its really helped me out in terms of what I can achieve.

It’s very easy to learn it’s a bit fiddly and frustrating at first but once you get the hang of it it’s a really valuable tool that can aid in the design process.

My drawings are not to scale as they only serve as a reference point like a photograph so that I can sit down with a carpenter and show him exactly what I want

I spent all day yesterday designing my galley units as a particular problem was really bugging me

try it for yourself its fun and very practical and intuitive.

1 Like

Greetings!

I like to use sliding doors on my cabinets… No catches needed and they stay shut while driving. I even put drawers behind sliding doors these days.

Cheers!

"Don't be scared, BE PREPARED!" ~ Road Warrior

Hi

Ive left the doors off the wardrobe so the inside is visible at the moment im unsure as to what the final design will be regarding drawers etc . . .

I really had fun with that program! SketchUp is awesome.