Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

My holiday tradition is to volunteer somewhere for the holidays. Today I gave thanks at a local homeless shelter, then helped out at a toy drive by the local firefighters.

Ended my day with a marvelous turkey dinner at a Shari’s restaurant, and the waitress was so great, I gave her a $20 tip. Her smile and warm hug really topped my day off well.

Cheers!

PS: What did you do today?

"I can live like a king because I work like a dog." ~ An anonymous vandweller

1 Like

Spent around 3 hrs with Fam and then got right back to work.

Didn’t really do much but I plan on going downtown Toronto tomorrow to help out some homeless in this freezing weather. If anyone else in the area is willing to join HMU!

Greetings!

My family is all gone now, but I’m fortunate to have close friends all over the country, but time’s been catching up with many of them too.

While me might be considered homeless ourselves, I have never felt that way, but helping those less fortunate has been a long tradition with me.

I feel so fortunate, having lived a very comfortable life, traveling while working, jobs always available, and never any money problems. Watching the struggles of others confirms that I made the right decisions for myself. Even in semi retirement, I probably wouldn’t change a thing. I’ve tried retiring multiple times, but I enjoy staying active. I’ve never been the type that could be content doing nothing. I don’t make a good boondocker, sitting in the middle of nowhere, alone, with nothing to do. In the city, there’s always somewhere to go and something to do, so I’m a city boondocker instead of a boonies boondocker. Even when I go camping, which I love to do, I prefer being around others, even if they’re strangers.

Cheers!

"I can live like a king because I work like a dog." ~ An anonymous vandweller