Greetings from from a newb van lifer!

Well I became a member of van life when it was all just a dream for me back in 2019 but I never really got involved after signing up so I assume my account just expired after awhile. Anyways here I am now living the van life with my girlfriend and my 11 month old son. We took five months, renovated a 20 foot 1978 dodge sportsman motorhome for our life on the road. have been on the road now for just over a month traveling around California. Now we are in la. It’s all the kinds of emotions at once being on the road with my family but it’s pretty cool living out of a house on wheels! Anyways I just wanted to share a bit about my journey and see if there are other young families on the road who would like to connect! Thanks again!

Greetings & Welcome!

The Dodge vans & motorhomes from the 70’s & 80’s are my favorites. For the last 11 years I’ve been living in my 1973 Dodge hightop Travco camper van. Pushing 500k miles and runs & drives like new.

In the past, I’ve had a Brougham like yours, an American Clipper, a couple of Shasta’s, a Mobile Traveler, and an El Dorado. Numerous camper vans and a couple of buses. Almost 50 years of being a nomad since right out of high school. Spent my first 30 years as a traveling construction worker, then switched to self employed internet work.

The last couple of years in addition to my normal business, I have been caregiving friends in S. Florida during the summer and Northern Minnesota in the winter. Kind of a reverse snow birder…

I really enjoy life on wheels, and have no intentions of quitting any time soon.

The PNW has lots of great vandwelling get together’s that I really love. The half a dozen in Washington are probably my favorites in the whole country. The Oregon ones are right up there too. I like the ones where there’s woods & water.

Glad to have you on board!

Cheers!

"Keep it cheap, and use the extra money for your adventures." ~ Van_Dweller