Greeting humans

Hello! My name is Morgan and I am new to the forum as well as pretty new to van life. I have been living in my van for about 3 months now… and LOVE IT! I can’t wait for what this journey holds and the people I meet along the way.

1 Like

Greetings & Welcome!

It can be a great lifestyle! Tell us some more about your van and yourself, and I’m sure everybody would like hear about how you support yourself.

Cheers!

"Creepy cargo vans hurt everybody's reputation." ~ Public_Opinions_Count

Well it’s a cargo sprinter van. So I’m sure to the eye it does appear a little creepy… oops🤷🏼‍♀️ However, my boyfriend and I have built everything in the van by hand. It has about $3,000 Invested. ( With a little bit to go!) Which isn’t bad in my opinion. We currently are unemployed and traveling. We have had a few bumps in the road. We originally quit our jobs a month ago to begin a new job in Utah. However, it didn’t work out. So we are attempting to move back home to KY to obtain our CDLs. This will allow us to get ahead in life. Before moving onto the van I had a houseful of stuff. I took the minimalist route and got rid of everything I owned. Aside from the essentials. So right now I am adjusting to the van life. But it has been nothing short of fulfilling. As far as a little bit about me… I’m pretty adventurous. I lean more towards spontaneity than planning and thrive on winging it!! I love music and actually began playing ukulele and have been singing my whole life. I love to write as well as take part in calligraphy art. I have a goal to learn to surf and fun fact… I tried out for American Idol 3 years ago!!

2 Likes

Greetings!

Lack of a reliable income is one of the major failure points for the mobile lifestyle. I was a traveling construction worker for the same company for about 30 years. Good money and having my home within walking distance were huge pluses for me. Many of my co-workers lived in motels.

It was a young man’s job, and by about 50 I needed something less demanding, so I switched to an online income that would allow me to continue to travel. That has provided me with a great income, and I plan on continuing this lifestyle forever if I can. If not, I’ll probably buy a large motorhome to park permanently in an RV park, and maybe still be able to make occasional escapes.

I have under $1500 total in my current rig, a 1973 Dodge high top camper van. It’s old but reliable, even though it’s approaching 500k miles. It was originally a Travco factory camper van, but it had been gutted when I bought it for $750. I created a new interior in it for under $300, all in, and have been living in it for 10+ years now.

I am mostly a city dweller, and today I work doing remote computer repairs and tuneups from the comfort of my van. For the last couple of years I’ve been traveling back and forth between southern florida and northern minnesota helping out elderly friends. I’m hoping to be able to attend some of the rallies in the PNW this summer and meet up with some old friends and new ones too.

Cheers!

"Opportunities are everywhere, but only action makes it happen." ~ Van_Dweller

1 Like

Hi

Im here in the UK
Welcome to the forum. Im in the exciting planning stage, learnt a lot from this site and currently bingeing on youtube clips.

you will learn loads here