French vanlifer with his old Fiat 238 named Poppy

Hello everyone !

My name is Ben, I’m French and I’m traveling in van since 2002 … as you can guess I’m not young anymore :smile:

I am a painter and I have the chance to exhibit all over Europe.

I owned for several years a 1973 Westy VW T2 that I sold before buying a 1976 Fiat 238 B1 (someone knows?) I made myself all the interior.

I also redid all the engine, brakes, and many others which allowed me to know perfectly the operation of my house on wheels (always appreciable when one breaks down)

My van is small but very well equipped! I have a real heating, a removable shower, an extractor of air, a solar panel, water tanks and even a very small fridge which can make ice cubes !!!

I do not write English very well but I understand it, and I’m counting on this forum to practice before my big trip that will takes me to the United States

See you soon for exchanges on other topics!

1 Like

Greetings & Welcome!

Looks comfy! Love the pictures! I’ve been living on wheels my entire adult life, since 1973, so I’m not getting any younger either. I’m in the USA, so if you make it over here, maybe we can hook up.

I’ve been through many vehicles over the years, and no longer build things in, so mine doesn’t look as fancy as yours, but is comfortable for me, and has all the features I need.

Cheers!

"Those who believe money can't buy hapiness, don't have either." ~ An Anonymous Vandweller

1 Like

Wow I love Dodge like yours :star_struck: but it’s very hard to find in France ! I will be happy to meet you when I will come to the States :slightly_smiling_face:
Do you have pictures of your interior?

Greetings!

No, sorry I don’t. My camera and my laptop got stolen a couple of years ago, and I used the camera so little I never replaced it. I wouldn’t even have the picture of the outside if a friend hadn’t sent it to me…

Cheers!

"Those who believe money can't buy hapiness, don't have either." ~ An Anonymous Vandweller

1 Like

Salut Poppy, tu est un bijou!

I’m Fatima currently in Mexico but soon going back to Germany / Switzerland.
My plan is to prepare my van and then either traveling through

1. South-Europe and Morocco or
  2. US and Mexico (especially on Baja California).

Do you already have any idea how and where to go with Poppy to the US and how much it’ll cost?

Merci beaucoup!

1 Like

Salut Ben … content de te retrouver avec le fiat de MontBrison 42 !

Pour les fiat 238 il y a 4 propriétaires sur le site FrenchVintageFordForum : VadorLhooq, Francis42, Clement et Piotrestie !

a+ l’ami

That is an awesome set up, very cozy looking and use of space is creative.

Ben, j’aime beaucoup ton caravan, Poppy. When are you coming to the US?