Fitting Windows

Hi!
Im looking for someone with knowledge regarding to fitting windows. I live in Sweden and the price on new windows here are insane, so i have been looking in to buying used windows from crashed RV’s and such.
My question is, will any sort of window (with a full frame in and outside) fit without any problems? I know there is a small curve on the backdoor but will that be a problem?
Van im having is a Citroen Replay / Jumper. If not, does anyone have a good tip on other windows for it?
Shipping from UK is 150£ havent found any from Germany, but i guess thats because Im not so good at looking i guess.

much regards Ico

Greetings & Welcome!

Many gaskets will make allowances for gentle curves. If not it is fairly easy to create your own using butyl rubber or plumbers putty.

Cheers!

"Opportunities are everywhere, but only action makes it happen." ~ Van_Dweller

Most should be pretty straight forward for a diyer. The easiest are the type where an inner frame and outer frame sandwich around the sheet metal. And like van dweller said, if you can’t find a premade gasket that works, butyl tape is cheap and easy to work with. Some people call it window weld or dumdum.

1 Like