Endurance, CarShield, Others

Anyone have any experience with Endurance Vehicle Protection Plan? Saw them for the first time on TV last night.

What about CarShield, who has been advertising for the longest?

I did search the forums first but didn’t find anything up-to-date and nothing about these 2.

Greetings!

From what I’ve heard 2nd or 3rd hand, they’re pretty useless.

Cheers!

“Everything should be made as simple as possible." ~ Einstein

1 Like

I’m not surprised and it’s very difficult for any insurance/warranty company to pull what little $$$ I have from me. What do you use for coverage? Are you handy with doing most of your own repairs/maintenance?

Greetings!

I have a towing package that is included in my insuance, but have never used it.

I don’t do any of my own repairs anymore, but in the last 10 years all I’ve needed was tires, brakes, & shocks. I just do Quick Lube type places for oil changes, but I always have them add a quart a Slick 50. Once a year or so, I’ll add a bottle of carb cleaner to a tank of gas.

That’s why I like these old, carbureted, pre-computerized vehicles, so much less to go wrong with them.

Cheers!

1 Like

To be sure that I understand, an optional towing package is included in your regular state vehicle insurance?

Is carb cleaner the same as gas treatment?

Greetings!

The towing package is optional, maybe an extra $39 a year or something, but offered through the insurance broker that I went through. I went through a broker, because they could compare the rates from many different insurance companies, and get me hooked up with the company that offered the lowest rates.

That particular broker appears to have gone out of business last year, and I got a notice that I now have a new broker. I don’t know about them yet, but the old one would check every year when it was time to renew my policy, and if a different company was better deal, they’d notify me and ask me if I wanted to switch.

I believe there are different kinds of gas treatment, that offer different benefits. I get one that specifically says carburetor or fuel system cleaner. No particular brand, just one that says it’ll do what I want it to do. They seem to work well for carburetor’s, but the one I tried for fuel injectors never helped, and I wound up buying all new fuel injectors. That’s just one of the reasons I prefer carburetors.

Cheers!

1 Like