End of the beginning

60 is on the horizon, time to start doing what I want to do. UK based and trying to decide the right van/bus/motorhome to buy/convert.
UK based and looking for any help or guidance to get me started

Greetings & Welcome!

I’m a huge fan of factory rigs instead of DIY projects, especially for those with little or no experience in the lifestyle. They are usually cheaper in the long run, better built, much more convenient, and hold their value better.

Mechanicals, body, & frame are very important, they are the most expensive to fix. If the camper portion is in good working order, that is also a huge plus. I can’t stress the importance of floorplans enough. Some will seem ideal, while others might feel cramped or claustrophobic. You want one to use as-is, not to create a project.

If you’re not mechanically inclined, a pre-purchase inspection by a mechanic is a good idea. Look for evidence of recent leaks, and avoid rigs that smell musty or moldy inside. You want a rig that’s ready to roll, with no modifications necessary. Ignore the people wanting you to upgrade stuff, use it as it was intended and you’ll be much happier.

Cheers!

"If you prepare for the worst, every thing else is easier." ~ Off Grid