Electric Car Charger For Solar System

If I was to install an electric car charging inlet into my van would I be able to use charge stations to charge my solar batteries?

My solar system is a 30amp system with two 110AH lithium batteries, Renogy Rover 30a controller and a Xantrex 2000W Freedom X Inverter currently I am only charging with solar panels.

Greetings & Welcome!

Electric car charging is far different from a regular house outlet. While there may be adapters available, there are frequently very high fines associated with parking a non-electric vehicle in a charging station spot. I wouldn’t want to take that chance.

The best choices for charging house batteries are via an isolator/relay/solenoid while driving, or a battery charger combined with either shore power or a generator. Those more experienced feel that no system is complete without a battery charger and a generator, which is the only way to guarantee portable power without running the vehicle’s engine. Solar alone should never be relied upon.

Cheers!

"Smiles are contagious, pass it on!" ~ Van_Dweller

Sorry I should have been more clear I have an electric car and a solar charger at both my homes so was hoping instead of installing another connection I could just plug into my electric car chargers when I need to charge my batteries? I was thinking of just making adapters if I ever need them to connect to other plug types if we go to an RV park

Greetings!

Uhh… Okay… Now I’m getting confused. You have an electric car, which probably already has one or more 12v accessory outlets. The car already has an enormous battery capacity compared to any leisure batteries you might add. Practically everything imaginable is available in 12v models these days, so an inverter is just a waste of power.

My 100ah house battery powers my camper for a full week plus. Your electric car should power your camper for many weeks, and still have plenty of power to spare. Simpler seems better to me…

Cheers!

Sorry for the confconfussion let me try this again.

I have a van that we use for work that currently we have solar panels to charge two 110AH lithium batteries we are thinking of adding shore power to the van that we can connect to and charge the batteries overnight as well as use the inverter for extended amounts of time. We have at both our homes T1772 electric car chargers as well as at our office and inside our vehicle storage warehouse so we are thinking instead of wiring new 30amp plugs and adding breakers to all locations we could just wire the van so we could use the electric car chargers.

I hope this made it little more clear?

Greetings!

Both houses and the shop have regular power right? So all you need is an extension cord and a battery charger, so why complicate things with the electric car chargers? This is making no sense, you have a very simple problem, why complicate it?

Cheers!