Driven by Adventure: Unveiling the Best RV for Your Journey

Are you ready to hit the open road and embark on your next great adventure? Whether you’re a seasoned RV enthusiast or a newbie eager to explore the world on wheels, choosing the right RV can make all the difference in your journey. With so many options out there, from sleek Class A motorhomes to compact camper vans, finding the perfect fit for your needs can feel overwhelming.

That’s why I’m reaching out to this community for advice, recommendations, and shared experiences. What type of RV do you prefer for your travels, and why? Have you discovered any hidden gems or must-have features that significantly enhance your road trip experience? Whether you prioritize comfort, affordability, off-road capabilities, or something else entirely, I’d love to hear about your insights and preferences.

Personally, I’ve been eyeing a Class C RV for its versatility and maneuverability, but I’m open to exploring all options before making a decision. From spacious interiors for family adventures to compact designs for solo travelers, there’s truly something for everyone in the world of RVs. So, let’s swap stories, compare notes, and help each other uncover the best RV for our upcoming journeys.

What factors are most important to you when choosing an RV? Are there any brands or models you swear by, or caution against? Let’s start a conversation and embark on this exciting adventure together!

Greetings!

Class C’s are one of my favorites, specifically the older ones from the 70’s. Much higher quality than anything newer, simpler, and more reliable. The Dodge drivetrains were hard to beat.

Ones in excellent condition and with low miles are still pretty easy to find, since so many were sold. If you ignore all the customization nonsense and use them as they were intended, they’re truly hard to beat.

Cheers!

"Life can be as simple or as complicated as you make it.
Simple is cheaper and more reliable."
~ Off Grid

I am drowning in researching this very issue! I’ve narrowed down my desires to a van conversion or, more likely, one of the older, smaller, Class B’s. I’ve seen a few that have a “style” I like and that I think will work best for me in terms of needs and future improvements (adding solar capabilities, for one). Most of the ones I’ve found, that I liked, are the “Roadtrek” style. A couple of the concerns I have are whether I’d be better off with a gas or a diesel engine, and whether I should aim for a Dodge, Ford, or Chevy base. Decisions, decisions!

Greetings!

For what it’s worth, I think the 70’s Dodge’s are the best driving, and have the best engines (318).
Cheers!

"Accountability, responsibility, sustainability,
& creative solutions for the win." ~ Old_Soul

1 Like

You can get free consultant with @driftervans

1 Like

Free consultant? I’m down! :smiley:
Thanks!

I decided not to use a van. They’re insanely expensive while getting new insurance policies can be a nightmare if it’s a cargo van especially for high top or long, especially no-build, and some big companies won’t even touch Promasters other than under commercial policy ($$$) anymore.
Van is really for urban camping because of stealth. But now everyone out West thinks that every van got someone sleeping in it.
Starting to sell my nice and comfy class C motorhome now, not the right thing for me either.
My last year of full-timing is starting: I will do a truck + cargo trailer and no build of any kind. None of that expensive stuff (which I never use anyway or use once a year). Having class C I found myself not using any features except the flush toilet and being constantly worried I damage things if I use them and won’t be able to resell the RV. Fridge alone can cost over 1K, same about the microwave. No more RVs for me, no builds either.
Off road small trailer or truck campers are the best I think.