Dollar Store Trash Bags for Portable Toilet?

I don’t want to experiment too much with trial and error on this, if you know what I mean. Do I really need to buy “special” (expensive) bags? What do you use? I really only intend to use my camping toilet for emergencies, but every dollar counts for me at this time in my life. I’m trying to pinch my pennies until Abe Lincoln’s head screams!

Greetings!

I use dollar store tall white kitchen garbage bags. Never a problem.

Cheers!

"Be the reason someone smiles today!" ~ Van_Dweller

I’m guessing this involves #2. Double Wally Mart bags seem adequate but no room for failure in any case.

Actually my friend that IS what I use! Dollarama white kitchen garbage bags.
Per use though- I don’t want take a chance to overfill it :wink:
The fancy expensive Luggable Loo bags have absorbent grainules, so I throw in a little cat litter.
Also I screwed a silicone funnel to the front inside edge of the seat as a urine diverter. An empty 4 litre jug of bottled water makes the perfect catch basin, for the ladies out there!

2 Likes

That IS good news! You are a reason I smiled today :slight_smile:

Excellent! Thank you :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your input! :slight_smile:

Greetings!

I love creative solutions, especially cheap ones. Even though my bucket toilet isn’t composting, I did the exact same thing you did. My bucket style toilet was free, the funnel, the hose, and the container each cost $1.00, and I saved $1,000+ over the cost of a composting toilet!

That’s a win in my book!

Cheers!

"Be the reason someone smiles today!" ~ Van_Dweller

Well how about that eh?! :smiley:

1 Like