Dodge Ram Promaster 2500 broke down and stranded :(

I wonder if another type/brand/make of alternator might work - they all do pretty much the same thing. You’d have to figure out the wiring and plug.

Yea thats a 220 amp. We called out dealer in Missoula, MT and they said they could order it. (was 1200 so at least the site you linked dropped it off a bit) but it would take 30-45 days to ship.

Plus there is that cost issue. That is like last case scenario type money.
We seem to be running the 180amp one okay for now -we have been smart about usage too. It helps that its fall so we don’t need AC or heat or anything yet.

We will keep checking the 220amps alternator every week to see if anything pops up.

Shipping is tough right now and some things are still really hard to get a hold of.

I really believe you’ll be fine with the 180 amp alternator. You should not be idling just to run AC, charge your batteries, or to run your inverter anyway. It’s super harsh on your engine doing that. At that point you’d really want a generator if you needed one to run the AC.

I should clarify - we don’t have AC in the house side of the van only the stock front car AC.

But we are in Idaho right now, north central area. We won’t need AC for a long time unless another freak heat wave comes.