Different Transit considerations

So I’m looking to buy a used transit, not anytime soon, but I’m currently going through all the different options and seeing what I prefer, am willing to compromise on, etc. I’ve decided for sure that it’ll be a transit, medium roof, cargo van. Windows on the back doors are definitely preferred, and additional windows would be awesome but unlikely from a used vehicle. The biggest decision I’m having trouble with is the body length - 250 or 350. I know 350s can’t fit in all normal parking spots, but have sooo much more space. Any thoughts from anyone who currently owns one or is in the same step of this process as I am?

Additional info: I’m 5’4, won’t live in the van full time but might at some point, will be traveling with 1 other person usually, and I plan to take it to national and state parks, not stealth camping.

Thanks guys!

Greetings & Welcome!

The transportation companies are using Transit window vans, and will be selling them off in the future. I’d wait for a window van, just sooooo many advantages.

Cheers!

"Be the reason someone smiles today!" ~ Van_Dweller

i just bought a 250 mid roof transit and it’s easy to find one with back windows and a side window. if you don’t need to be stealth or fit in a parking space, there’s no limitations on what you do. get the biggest size and all the windows you want!

mine is a short wheel base and i live in a city, so fitting in a parking spot is imperative for me.

Greetings!

I’ve got a 1973 high top Dodge Maxi-Van that comes in at about 20-21 feet. It still fits into any parking space lengthwise, but most parking garages & drive thru’s are no go.

Cheers!

"Happy Holidays!" ~Van_Dweller

You could also install or have additional windows installed. We had rear and one side window but also opted to have to additional smaller widows installed in the rear sides. In comparison to having them installed at the factory it was about the same price for me and there are a lot of aftermarket options out there for windows. You could even do it yourself if you are so inclined.