Dealing With Periods

Hi guys!

I’m a final year design student working on a project based on providing homeless people and rough sleepers with menstrual products :blush: Because of ethics I’m not able to speak to any users but I think you guys’ experiences and how you deal with periods on the road would be really helpful to my research!

Thanks so much,

Tara

*Feel free to delete if not allowed!!*
1 Like

actually its the same like at home.
just throw in the trash bag :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!! That’s kinda what I expected :blush:

I’ve used a menstrual cup for 3 years and love it! I just dump it in the toilet, wipe it clean, and pop it back in. No need to spend extra money on simple use products that stick when you store them in a bag for days to weeks.

1 Like

menstrual cup? reusable type? does it feel easy like tampon usage?

It’s honestly easier! Most days I only have to change it morning and night and it rarely leaks, unlike tampons. It’s the best invention ever.

i am surprised at this. was thinking abt reusable menstrual cups but did some googles on diva cups, luna cups, period cups, etc etc and it seems like you either love it or hate. let me go read up more on this before trying.
I am excited but yet reluctant, you know what I mean? :sweat_smile:

I recommend reusable menstrual cups as well since they are easy to use and super eco friendly. I made the switch after asking a coworker a bunch of questions and doing my own research. I think they are more comfortable than tampons, love that they last longer than tampons and you don’t have the single use waste of pads. Reusable pads were not comfortable.

1 Like

My wife also use menstrual cups since it could store more blood and it is also more hygenic. no need for a quick stop every 3 hours.

1 Like

yes it is greener and save money too. it is highly recommended!

2 Likes

agree plus you would help the environment.

I have very heavy flows. So that is my least favorite thing about being in a van. Because laundry and soaking laundry is so difficult I sleep on puppy pads and thinking of wearing a diaper when I’m sleeping (ffs I’m being serious. Smdh) I also go through a super plus in like an hour.

Question:

What information are you specifically looking for? What are you curious about with homeless people? More information might help you get more specific answers?

Have you ever used a diva cup?? I’ve used for years and have heavy flows too hope that can help

Not in many years. I hear they have gotten better though.

I never ever heard about menstrual cups.I read this thread, will try to use it now.

Menstrual cups, hands down are THE BEST things ever invented for periods! And like many others here have shared; more comfortable, eco friendly, cost effective, convenient!