Complete noob UK, hey hey

Hey, I’m Josh and a complete utter noob looking to set off his van life adventure full time! Money is a struggle, rent is a B and the nomad life is where I wanna be. Currently not even a van owner and researching the best vans to get, any recommendations on vans or places to look would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Greetings & Welcome!

I’m in the USA, so not familiar with your area, but here it is frequently cheaper to buy an older factory camper van or motorhome than it is to build your own. If the same is true there, I’d go that route.

If you’re building your own, I like to start with passenger window vans, so the floor, walls, & ceiling are already finished, and thus save you a bunch of time, money, & hassles. All you need to do then is remove the rear seats & move your camping interior in. Since you’ll have opening windows in the back, you also won’t need roof vents, another $500+ saved.

Once you get a van, we can help with conversion plans. I paid $700 for my current van, and $200-$300 to convert it, and that was 11 years and 275,000 trouble free miles ago, so it can be done on a pretty small budget if you’re careful and get a mechanically sound van.

Good Luck, and we look forward to your participation here.

Cheers!

"Always avoid complicated solutions to solve simple problems." ~ OffGrid