Coffee Brewing Options

Get the aeropress! Makes the best espressos ever! And affordable!

4 Likes

I would recommend you the French Press and Pour Over ones. Aeropress is the best if you will go with French Press ones but if you would like to go with Pour Over coffee makers then you can see the reviews of the best pour over coffee makers from here 12 Best Pour Over Coffee Makers of 2021 – CoffeeGearX. On the other hand, you can see the reviews of the best press ones here The 7 Best French Press Coffee Makers of 2023. I am in the favor of pour over ones because they are cheap and easy to keep in your backpack.

i love frenchpress coffee!!!

Since the wife doesn’t drink coffee, I only brew for myself. A French Press is good, but it’s a pain to clean out the grounds.
At home, I grind and brew for either a drip coffee maker or my Proteo Barista espresso maker. With either I can make a small volume of coffee to fit my requirements for the moment, a jug or a cup.

1 Like

I like my Kohipress French Press coffee maker. I bought it for my trips, but we all know this year it is not that easy to travel. So, I decided not to keep it in a box, and started using it on a daily basis.

1 Like

Have you ever drank coffee from a straw? This new method of coffee brewing is super portable and perfect for van life!

I am a 22 year old coffee lover and entrepreneur who would love to hear your thoughts on my new product, JoGo - The Original Coffee Brewing Straw. JoGo is a totally sustainable way to brew a cup of french press style coffee with the ease of instant.

Instructions:

1. Add 2 tablespoons of coffee grounds into your mug

2. Add 1 cup of just below boiling water

3. Stir with JoGo

4. Enjoy!

There is a huge waste problem with coffee - 6 billion Starbucks cups are tossed into landfills every year, and enough K-cups are sold to wrap around the equator 10 times. Disposable culture will end the planet if we are not careful, and that’s why we invented JoGo.

What do you think? Would you brew with JoGo? I’d love to hear any thoughts you have!

This is an old thread, but a good topic. For a cup I use a stovetop espresso maker. For more it’s the old stovetop camp percolator.

2 Likes

My husband got me an antique 1940’s percolator for Christmas one year. It makes 4 cups. It’s aluminum with a wood handle. Love it. No paper filters and easy to rinse. Makes the best coffee!!! I prefer a percolated coffee.

2 Likes

I’m a vintage freak. Ive always liked percolators. Modern pots seem to be designed to waste coffee. I use a stainless perc that I can put on a gas stove or campfire. Got it off the big online store.

It’s the ColettI “Butte”.

2 Likes

I keep it simple. I use Starbucks instant. Not the individual packets that are rather expensive, but the small tin container. An easy 40 cups for less then 10 bucks and it’s wonderful. It also doesn’t upset my stomach like Tasters Nasty or any other instant.

You can find it at most Walmarts and Targets, at least in the US. Available in light, medium and dark roast. I prefer the dark.

The only time I spring for the packets is for backpacking. The water bottle is in the picture for scale. It’s a small tin. Start with a teaspoon per cup. The 2 teaspoons recommended on the label is stronger than I care for.

Buck

1 Like

Yes this is an old post but still a great thread LoL!
I picked up a stove top aluminum PERCOLATOR from Walmart for $25 Canadian. It doubles as a kettle when you take the parts out!
It only takes about 5 minutes to brew a pot and you can brew longer or shorter for a weaker or stronger coffee :smiley:

I know folks don’t love the Keurig pods, but they’re pretty handy and they make reusable and compostable ones now. It’s nice to have a variety of coffees in a small space.

I use the MyJoe which is a manual device. Add hot water, press down, and you have a nice pressure brewed coffee. You can heat the water any way you’d like.

1 Like

Mr.Coffee Jr. @ 600 watts it definitely makes old meter spin. The price you pay to keep the wife happy. I don’t drink the stuff but I make hers every morning. I’m a hot chocolate guy, we make that with the microwave, plenty of Reddi wip in the fridge.

French press and percolator seem to be the most popular!

1 Like

Oh I love this option! Thanks for posting! There are reusable pods available (got mine at Walmart for my mother) if you want the most Eco friendly option. I love it doesn’t need any electricity!

I use the coffee machine, but it’s not portable. I am planning to buy some portable machines.

I’m with ya. I use a large jar of instant. All you need to do is add some hot water. Carte Noir is my favorite.

Starbucks Via’s for ease

1 Like

Love using French press, but have thought about getting an aeropress since it’s more compact

I’ll be using a manual grinder and my aeropress. Fun fact: You can use a drill without a bit to quickly grind coffee on a Java Presse manual grinder! Just take the handle off and fit the drill to the top!

#VanLifeSummit

1 Like