Child seats in a 2007 Ford Transit

Newbie here. Looking at purchasing a 2007 Ford Transit. Wanting to know the approx cost of installing seats that can be used with child seats. Have been told need retractable seatbelts for these seats. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Greetings!

If you’re adding seats to a cargo van, you need to check the laws to see if it’s even legal.

Cheers!

"Smiles are contagious, pass it on!" ~ Van_Dweller

Cheers for the reply. The van has already got seats in it, but I need to install anchor points for child seats. Curious if anyone has had it done?

Greetings!

Unless it came from the factory as a passenger van, in which case you wouldn’t need any modifications to it, it probably isn’t legal.

There are a lot of safety regulations when it comes to vehicle seating. I wouldn’t risk a life on a possibly unsafe seat installation. I’ve seen such seats ripped right out of the floor in an accident. If the van wasn’t built for seats to begin with, you’re going to need heavy steel plates, both above and below the floor to distribute the load and prevent bolts, even with washers, from pulling through.

Never skimp on safety when lives are at risk.

Cheers!

Greetings!
It did come from the factory with seats installed. Vic Roads informed me that the seats required retractable seat belts & a different seat than the ones in the van. This is for the safety of my kids, so I want to get the right info & do it properly.

Greetings!

I’m sorry, but this is making no sense. Who is Vic Roads? Any factory installed seats would require seat belts. Something isn’t adding up right here.

Cheers!

Greetings!
Vic Roads is the governing organisation for motor vehicles in the state of Victoria, Australia. The van does have seat belts fitted, but they are not retractable ones.

Greetings!

Okay, so it’s a factory passenger van with windows all the way around?

Cheers!

Yep, sure is!
Appreciate your interest & advice.
I’m really keen on getting this van, just need to make sure the family will be safe.

Greetings!

Ahhhh… Okay, I thought we were talking about a cargo van with an added seat…

Since this is safety related, I’d start by talking directly with a Ford dealer.

Cheers!

Cheers, I’ll try that.