Central Florida Van-Lifer Noobie Needs Advice!

I got me a van and a cot. I really could use some help/advice with all the normal issues of Van-Life from some kind people who know the ropes around here.

Daytona, Orlando, Tampa…

I’m currently living in Port Orange (near Daytona).

I would like to meet fellow enthusiasts who can help me find the good camping spots, groups, ect.

I have already learned a ton from this site, but location specific info is hard to find.

Thanks to all who have given their knowledge freely on here. And, to those who offer more info in the future.

1 Like

We are in Longwood. Have friends and family in PO and NSB. Been vanning for many moons. Glad to help. Van meet- every 2nd Friday @ Ale House in Orlando. Info on Facebook under Central Fl. Van Council. Big Van Meet/Party 15th annual Freeze For All, Robinson Ranch, Dunnellon Jan 19-21…Not a lot of dispersed camping in Fl. ………Ocala N.F. , Withlacoochie S.F., Tiger Bay, and Seminole SF. Flipper

1 Like

@Flipperfla Hello, nice to meet you! Thank you for the information. I’m going to try to get over to those meet-ups for sure. This forum has a lot of great info, but isn’t very active, it seems. Perhaps we will run into each other (not in the street lol). I was not aware of CFVC on Facebook. I’m going to join right now. thanks again :slight_smile:

I do not see a FB group with that name. But, I’ll still try to make it to the mee-ups. Cheers

Hey! Nice to meet you. My mane is John. Congratulations getting your van. On Facebook try Orlando Van Club and Orlando Street Vans, another club is www.floridavancouncil.com. I have never made it to a meet, something always seems to come up. Going to try next Friday for the Ale House deal and for sure for the Freeze For All if the weather is nice. The Campground looks really nice. The place is called Robinsons Ranch. They will have electric. Need any help or ideas for your van let me know. Flipperfla1@gmail.com

Hey fellow Floridian! This Freeze for All coming up in Dunnellen — is there a fee? Reservations needed? I would LOVE to attend. Been living stationary in this baby for nearly a year. I need to get out and about and meet some like minds!

1 Like

Congrats! Jay Boogie! Welcome to the Van life!

Hi!
This is what their flyer reads:
FREEZE FOR ALL- Orlando Street Vans
Robinson Ranch
19730 SE 127 Terrace
Dunnellon/Inglis
Free Beer
Live Bands
Custom Vans
Mini Bike Raffle
Community Bonfire
Games
80 Power Hook ups Clean Showers
Swap Meet & Vendors
$100 3 days
$75. 2 days
$50. 1 day
$10 sat. Spectator day
CASH

Thanks John! My name is Jason. After checking my googly maps, those meets are kind of far drive for me at this point. Thanks for the additional information. Much appreciated.

Thank you! I’m looking for a semi-stationary spot. Here in the Daytona area, the walmart isn’t exactly van-friendly due to a pretty bad homelessness situation here. There’s no shortage of other places to park, and my Honda Odyssey is about as stealthy as can be. But, having something with an option to stay certain places for longer would sure be nice. A few months ago I was living in my car at a walmart parking lot (in the Chicago suburbs) for like 6 weeks. I met some good friends, but it took a couple weeks for us to warm-up to each other. Are you near Daytona / Port Orange area?

Thanks for the information on the meetup. I didn’t get to go, did you? I just have too much going on right now. And reports on how it went?

Greetings!

I’ve stayed for up to a week at some of the boat launches & marinas along that stretch.

Also check out the water management areas in FL.

Cheers!

"Be the reason someone smiles today!" ~ Van_Dweller

1 Like

I was searching for those, but it seems like the good ones must be “top secret”. lol

Greetings!

Just google “24 hour boat ramp” in your area.

I’ve spent like 2 weeks at night at the west end of dunlawton(?) bridge over the halifax river, left during the day, no problems.

Just pay attention to any signs, when I was there, there were no signs prohibiting overnight parking or camping. Just don’t make it obvious you’re camping. There’s a big fishing pier right their too. Fresh fish for dinner.

Cheers!

"Be the reason someone smiles today!" ~ Van_Dweller

1 Like

I met a nice gentleman (homeless I think) a few weeks ago. We talked for a few minutes and he told me that that area near the bridge is nice and nobody gets messed with. It’s five minutes from my job. I’m going to check it out soon. Thank you sir :slight_smile: