Can't wait to learn

Hello all!

My name is Ben! I’m currently living in the Maritimes of Canada and cannot get the idea of van life out of my head ever since I watched the Youtube channel Kombi Life. What they do is incredible and I wish to achieve something similar to this, with my own special twist. My plan is to head off to the road in the spring of 2020 to travel across Canada and get to all 13 provinces and territories. One of my best friends will hopefully accompany me in the journey (don’t worry, Ill tell him to sign up to this site :wink:). After that, maybe travel across the states in 2021, who knows. Apart from the van dream, I have always loved to travel and learn things first hand. It is a big world out there, and I have lots to learn.

I know I have a lot to study about the life style, from which van to buy, to how to convert it into a full out living area, and how to travel safely. I really look forward to talking to all of you on the site.

Cheers,
Ben C

Greetings & Welcome!

The one thing you didn’t mention is how you expect to fund your adventure. Yeah, I know a few people have managed to crowd source their travels, but they’re the exception not the rule. Dreams are greaat but they can turn into nightmares very quickly without the proper financing.

I’ve been a nomad for over 40 years, financing myself and my travels. It can be done, and today with the internet it is easier than ever, and I would suggest you start building a mobile friendly online income immediately. It’s never too soon to get started.

Cheers!

"Those who believe money can't buy hapiness, don't have either." ~ An Anonymous Vandweller

I was thinking of doing something with patreon, but if i was to do that I know I would have to start early to get lots of practice. If that doesn’t work, it would be pretty cool to be a traveling vinyl salesman.

Greetings!

I definitely think it’s best to only count on yourself.

Cheers!

"Those who believe money can't buy hapiness, don't have either." ~ An Anonymous Vandweller