Camper-van friendly Mountain living in the US

Hi There!
I am hoping to find a job working at a ski/snowboard area in the US this winter while living out of my fully converted short bus.
I am looking for any suggestions of locations, ski areas, or just general winter camping spots that are accessible to living long-term nomadically. Preferably in the mid-west area, but I am open to options.
I will have a furnace and am not afraid to go somewhere cold for some good snow :slight_smile:
Thanks!

Greetings!

Anywhere with snow will be cold…

I’d just google “ski resort jobs”.

Cheers!

"Old school, cheap, simple, reliable, and easily replaceable for the win!" ~ Traveler@Heart

haha! you are probably correct…I have done my fair share of googling ski are jobs, thanks!

I am looking specifically for somewhere with a recommended friendly van-dwelling quarters, or long term parking area. :slight_smile:

Greetings!

Most seem to report that resort parking lot camping is prohibited.

Cheers!

"Old school, cheap, simple, reliable, and easily replaceable for the win!" ~ Traveler@Heart

This isn’t long-term, but somewhat of an option that got my attention. There’s a parking lot in the Taos Ski Valley that allows week-long parking for those in RV’s and vans. I’m not sure of the rules for how long you can stay there, boondock elsewhere and then come back. I also am not sure of accommodations they would make for someone working at TSV, but it might be worth it to look into.

Taos is an incredible area and I love the Sangre de Cristo mountains! (I’m a nordic skiier contemplating snowboarding, but I came to Taos Ski Valley for the hiking this summer). Hoping things come together for you very smoothly!

2 Likes

Hey thanks so much for this insight Jen!!
It’s ironic you suggested this because I have been doing quite a bit of research on Taos myself in the last few weeks! Seems like a really beautiful location as well as community to be a part of, and what a gift to have a Rv/Van-life parking lot available :slight_smile:
Appreciate the well wishes. Hope you get the chance to explore the area once more (maybe even by snowboard hehe) as well!

You’re very welcome, Erin! I spent a week in that ski valley doing hiking and exploring and it’s a dream. I felt so at home. And I agree, it is a beautiful community! The locals are very kind and soulful, which is exactly what I want (am really torn between the Taos Valley and parts of Colorado, where I am buying a van RIGHT NOW! :smiley: ).