Building E350 Pop Top / High Top who wants one?

Hello everyone,

I have been building cars for years, and noticed that when I went shopping for either a pop top or a high top for my e350 extended I could not find many available. Which leads me to ask, if other people would like one. If I invest the time into making the mold, then it is reasonable to make a couple. I would sell for a reasonable price.
If your wondering what my plan is for our build, I am going to use the extended top as a hard top then evaluate how much work I want to put into building the pop top. So for now this would just be a kit for the fiberglass top.

DM me if your interested. The current design is an additional foot. Making it impossible to stand up completely, but possible to stand with a slight hunch.

Greetings!

High tops using the foamie method are relatively cheap and easy to build, but if adding to the original height, you might as well make it full standing height.

Hard sided pop tops, with opening windows are also pretty cheap and easy to build using the same method. For me they are preferable to the canvas type, and you’ll never have canvas to replace.

At any rate, foamie type construction is better in almost every way over just fiberglass.

Cheers!

"If you prepare for the worst, every thing else is easier." ~ Off Grid

What do u mean by “foamie”

Greetings!

Try this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=foamie+construction

It’s used to build cars and campers.

Cheers!

Those are really interesting for tow behinds, but what would happen if the vehicle was t-boned?

While, fiberglass is not as robust as steel, structural foam is certainly unacceptable to me for a vehicle which i will be traveling in.

Greetings!

I actually think the foamies are stronger than fiberglass, but regardless, it is prudent to add roll bars. My factory high fiberglass top camper van has roll bars front, back, and center.

As far as collisions, they’re built to try and protect you, not the vehicle itself unless you get as old as mine. (1973)

Cheers!