Build Kitchen Cabinet's

how to design and build Kitchen Cabinet in a sprinter van??

Greetings!

Youtube University has many fine examples.

Cheers!

"Life can be as simple or as complicated as you make it.
Simple is cheaper and more reliable."
~ Off Grid

I followed Dares Drives you tube videos, with some changes. I used 2020 extruded aluminum (vs 10 series) because it’s available on Amazon and much cheaper. 4 mm plywood attached to aluminum with PL. Painted with Benjamin Moore Command waterbased Acrylic urethane(very tough finish). Attached to floor with plusnuts, spraying underside with primer and then truck bed liner(waterproof). Cabinet doors 1/2 inch birch plywood with slam latch. I saw a comment from someone in the past about not building cabinets that are overbuilt. You don’t want a cabinet block coming through the driver seat in an accident. Better that they can crumple to some extent.
Hope this helps!!

Greetings!

If I’m building my own cabinets, I build sliding doors rather than swinging ones. No latches are needed and they stay closed while traveling. They also require no extra room to swing open, or bang your head or body against when open.

Cheers!

"Life can be as simple or as complicated as you make it.
Simple is cheaper and more reliable."
~ Off Grid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuMufzRVa-M&list=PLxWScwT6gqua9O891-PKTv_mxluD6a2Yq - a 7-video playlist where they constructed cabinets from 80/20 t-slot aluminum.

Everything bolts together like a big erector set for adults, basically. You still need some skills and basic tools but it’s probably easier than wood. When this stuff is bolted together it’s going to be strong no matter what, whereas with wood you do need to know at least the basics.

You can just design your stuff on paper first, and then order pre-cut lengths of the 80/20, I believe.

Build your own cabinets, or go for pre-made sprinter van cabinets. Personally, all my cabinets are old kitchen and bath cabinets I got for free or cheap from Craigslist. You just cut them with a Jigsaw to the round forms of the van.