Bike&Skiing friendly Van needed

Introduce Yourself…

Hi. I am new to the van life community. I am interested in buying a skiing and mountain biking friendly van. I don’t need it to be able to live or camp in. Is there a four passenger AWD or 4x4 stock van or van company that you would recommend that does these builds? I appreciate any help with this! Thanks, Ted

Greetings & Welcome!

I actually wouldn’'t recommend a van for this, a 4x4 Subaru with the bike(s) on back, or on top, and the ski’s on top would probably fill the bill cheaper and easier.

Cheers!

"Smiles are contagious, pass them on!" ~ Van_Dweller

Hi Van_Dweller. We already have the Subaru. However, the 4 of us have outgrown it. We would like a van that can get us (and a 150 lb St. Bernard) around and protected from the winter road salt and with a place to change. Thanks!

Greetings!

Ahhhhh… New details change things…

4x4 full sized vans are pretty rare, and expensive. Many mini vans come in AWD models, would they be big enough?

Cheers!

A minivan won’t work. We tried that also, with a Toyota Sienna AWD. Any other thoughts? Thanks.

Something like this?

This is standard height:

Or you can have those lifted, passenger (2 to 9 persons), cargo or different camper models.

The only downside is that those aren’t sold in US… :wink:

Greetings!

You might get lucky and find a 4x4 van but it won’t be cheap. What about a 4x4 pickup with a camper?

Cheers!

I think the dog disagrees with that.Or other passengers, depends who the doggo is sitting on :smiley:

Greetings!

hehe! That made my day… I was actually thinking of a 4 door truck.

Cheers!

4 people and a dog as big as a man. I’m still saying that the rear seat is going to be furry :slight_smile:

I was thinking something like the Ford Transit that seats four. However, the Ford website is very confusing. Thanks, Ted