Best Vehicle For Multiple Pets?

I am currently still in high school but I have plans to do some traveling once graduated. However this would mean that my three (possibly four soon) dogs and my goffins cockatoo would be along for the ride. Two of the dogs are large (40 and 120 lbs) and the third is 12 lbs. I’m not quiet sure which vehicle would be best for road life with so many animals. I was thinking a small camper and an SUV or van perhaps. I would need to be able to kennel at least the largest dog in the event that I need to go into somewhere that doesn’t allow dogs

Greetings & Welcome!

The biggest thing to remember is the THE PETS ALWAYS COME FIRST, and your wants & desires always come dead last!!!

You won’t be able to leave them in the vehicle alone at all during the spring, summer, or fall, and the bird is going to need extra heat in the winter. If you’re somewhere warm in the winter, then you can add that season to the list too.

You’re going to need a motorhome that can run heat and air conditioning 24/7 when the vehicle is parked, and most campgrounds will be off limits to you, so you’ll need a motorhome with a large and very reliable generator.

The only times I’ve ever heard of something like this working, there were multiple people so someone could always stay with the pets, rotating who the pet sitter was so everybody got to enjoy the trip at least a little bit.

This will all be very expensive, how do you plan on financing it? You won’t be able to work because that won’t be fair for your pets. Not all pets enjoy traveling either, have you even considered anything besides your own selfish wants in this?

Cheers!

"They told me I'd save money with solar, and have free electricity.
Neither was true." ~ Disgusted in Dallas

My pets love to travel, we frequently take day trips. Nothing is more than a blurry idea at this point, which is why I am researching now. I had planned on searching for an online job that can be done on the road. I would find a job before attempting anything, my job currently is something I cannot do from a distance. If it is not possible, I will not do it. The pets, of course, come first. It may be better to recruit a freind for a roadtrip so someone will stay with the pets, I’m not against that.

Greetings!

Thank you, that makes me feel so much better! I see so many pets suffering because of selfish inconsiderate owners, that it kind of pushes my buttons. Very happy to discover you’re not one of them.

Cheers!

"They told me I'd save money with solar, and have free electricity.
Neither was true." ~ Disgusted in Dallas

1 Like