Battery Combater/Combiner?

Was watching a short bus conversion interview where the guy showed he has a little box connected to a house battery that charged it off the alternator. He said it’s name but I couldn’t understand him. Sounded like a battery combater.

I Googled and combiners came up and no combaters. Search results showed some little boxes that resembled his and gave the definition that this combiner allows 2 batteries to be combined.

This vandweller said that you could save a lot of money over solar (which could easily go over $1000) and pay around $60 for that device instead. He said that may be all you’d need if you drove a lot like him (which I plan to park a lot).

So is that what he probably said, combiner? Or could he have said something else?

Is this what you use @Van_Dweller ?

Probably battery doctor isolator. I and probably a million other people use this one.

There are probably cheaper options. This one is nice as it has a button to allow you to jump your rig if needed if your starter battery is dead.

1 Like

I like that jumping feature. Would definitely choose one of those. How useful would this be for anyone who would park as often and for as long as they could?

Greetings!

Yes, more than likely he said combiner…

That isn’t exactly what I have, but appears to hook up and function the same as mine, and looks much nicer than mine.

Cheers!

“Everything should be made as simple as possible." ~ Einstein

1 Like

Yeah, I know you talked about an isolator in another post. Seems like you’re saying that an isolator and a combiner are the same thing. Thanks!

Greetings!

While I can’t be 100% sure, they sound like what they’re talking about do the same thing.

Cheers!

“Everything should be made as simple as possible." ~ Einstein

1 Like

Blue Sea Systems also make ACRs (Automatic Charging Relay)