Baby Safety on the Road

As I posted in NEWBIES CORNER, we just received my grandfathers '95 Pleasure Way.

We also have a 10 month old daughter! We cant wait to go on family adventures in our van.

However there is no baby seat position.

Does anyone have suggestions? I know that we arent the first, nor the last, to come upon this problem.

Any help would be appreciated!

Greetings & Welcome!

Congrats!

Does it have a seat behind the driver or passenger?

Cheers!

"Always avoid expensive solutions to cheap problems." ~ OffGrid

1 Like

This '95 Pleasure Way only has the driver and passenger captains chairs.

It does have two different location floor holes for the removable dining table. We were wondering if there was some way to utilize that?

Greetings!

does it have seatbelts for a sofa or dinette?

Cheers!

"Beat Murphy's Law with a KISS! (Keep It Stupidly Simple)" ~ Van_Dweller

1 Like

Van_Dweller thank you for the questions and no the back sleeping/dining are does not have seatbelts.

Our Pleasure Way has a layout like this:
two captains chairs in the front for driver passenger
hallway to the back
kitchen on right hand side as you’re looking to the back
bathroom on left hand side as looking to the back
back area is benches on both left and right side that can breakdown into the bed for sleeping.

Does anyone have experience with putting their baby seat into an old RV/VAN?

Greetings!

Some of them came with a seat behind the driver, and one behind the passenger, with the side door between it and the passenger seat. Is there room for one in either position on yours?

Optionally, is there room slightly back between the driver & passenger, is there room in the middle to mount a third seat and still have room to get in via the side door, and allow access to get into the back from the cab?

Cheers!

"Beat Murphy's Law with a KISS! (Keep It Stupidly Simple)" ~ Van_Dweller

1 Like

Unfortunately no, there is no room behind either seat for a third chair right now. The dream is to do a complete remodel of the interior. But like I said, the dream. We are looking to have our Pleasure Way for a long time, and will need to find a long term fix for our daughter. I wish it was still the 70s when you could throw the little ones in the back with no worries (this is what our parrents are telling us to do lol)

Let me know if you have any other suggetions! We are trying to avoid the need for my wife to follow the van in her car with the baby!

You might want to check the legality of this, but a solid seat with seatbelts solidly anchored to the frame might be the way to go. You might be able to set something up between the driver and passenger seats; that way the baby is within reach without taking off your seatbelt.

I am here today because seatbelts saved my life. Don’t compromise on this! Roads are far more crowded and people drive a lot faster today than in the past. Take it seriously.