AutoCAD / Concept Drawings for a (2008+) 2010 Caravan Camper / Vanlife / Travel buildout?

Hello fellow van owners, I have purchased a 2010 Grand Caravan SE with Stow and Go seating and I would like to build a conversion utilizing the space best as possible, figured with 10 years producing the same vehicle same dimensions hundreds of thousands if not millions of these vans have been converted some using AutoCAD. Hoping to get my hands on an AutoCAD design specifically to save me from doing dimensions ground up. Any files, concept drawings, recommendations or opinions that may help me in my build I would greatly appreciate. Thanks & happy travels.

1 Like

Greetings!

No build builds are probably the best idea. Quickest, cheapest, & the most practical.

Cheers!

"Old school, cheap, simple, reliable, and easily replaceable for the win!" ~ Traveler@Heart

1 Like

Unfortunately, accurate CAD drawings are pretty scarce, even for the “common” conversions. I would not hold my breath looking for them for a Caravan. I would suggest getting comfortable building to your own measurements, or possibly taking it to a 3D scanning company (more of them all the time) to have the interior scanned for you.

1 Like

thanks for the reply, I was hoping to save the ground up measurements with all the years of completed builds these Caravan’s (aka Town & Country) not changing since 2008 there’s thousands of build blueprints sitting in peoples hard drives or brain full of experience/ideas that might help save me mistakes/time. I am hopeful I know right now most are enjoying the last of summer road trips less likely to be on forums I am preparing very early with my build hopefully collecting some good deals/ideas during coming months finish build over winter ready to go next spring. cheers

Greetings!

How many people are you planning on sleeping?

Cheers!

"Old school, cheap, simple, reliable, and easily replaceable for the win!" ~ Traveler@Heart

1 Like

to help with storage keep interior as open as possible I will be getting a rooftop carrier as well as leaning towards possibly a swing away hitch carrier for kitchen. with that hopefully can travel with seatbelts 3-4, sleep 2 comfy 3 in a pinch but in the rooftop carrier will have tent/camping gear

also would like to change the front passenger seat into swivel base so when not driving can utilize that chair

Greetings!

Sounds like a VW Eurovan Westfalia type setup might be the best then…

Cheers!

1 Like

I’m curious about creative ideas / schematics of a bedframe in a minivan / caravan, something that maybe a transformer allowing long couch, A frame to allow sitting either way looking at front or back and of course full size bed mode.

The van comes with a 12v socket in the back can be wired separately to take all non driving power from storage battery that can be charged while driving or solar panel or shore power. I am amateur with electrical so this will be another challenge I need to take on.

Thanks!

Greetings!

Two double facing boat seat design is popular. With two, side by side, one person can be lying down while the other is sitting.

Of course you’d make them flatter… :smiley:

Cheers!

You might even want to think about a Rooftop tent instead of the carrier, and just keeping the inside set up for storage/kitchen.

Greetings!

Here’s a link to the exact bed I was envisioning, except I used conduit…

I don’t agree with parts of their build, but the bed is a good design, if slightly over priced & over complicated. The one I made out of conduit was extremely cheap but equally as functional. I prefer sliding doors for cabinets instead of swing doors, because they’re always openable even in cramped quarters. They also stay shut while traveling and require no hardware. A finger hole in a door allows easy opening, without additional handles.

Cheers!

I want to learn RP designing online. Do you guys have any source?

8020 t slots are a solid go to for convenient light weight builds. they even have a vr plan builder so you know exactly how much you will need if you choose to cut the aluminum your self.