Any amature plumbers? Trying to rig foot pump sink setup

Hey ya’ll, this is my first post on here - I got a 2006 Dodge 3500 a few months ago and have a quick question on setting up my diy sink. I got a Whale foot pump to pump water from the clean water jug up to my faucet, but I can’t figure out the best way to connect the faucet to the pump. I got the correct size braided plastic hose that fits snuggly into the pump, but I’m not sure how to adapt it to fit into the faucet. These foot pumps seem to be pretty popular, has anyone else figured out a good way to do this?

Faucet:

Here’s the foot pump:

Look into shark bite’s. One end would screw onto the bottom of the faucet and the plastic hose will just push into the other end. They have them at lowes or homedepot or probably any hardware store.

Basically this https://www.ebay.com/i/273760405509?_ul=MX&chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=21562-222008-2056-1&mkcid=2&itemid=273760405509&targetid=853938989187&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9073855&poi=&campaignid=1824172998&mkgroupid=69261309013&rlsatarget=pla-853938989187&abcId=1140946&merchantid=118952506&gclid=CjwKCAiAi_D_BRApEiwASslbJ2ggioYdlSMZcj5L61ccwAYNfrXJ0t6A5bK0ab1flPGIE1h_om_enBoC74IQAvD_BwE

It’s mexican ebay link cause I’m there and everything comes up for this country instead, but they’ll have this at lowes for sure. Just ask the guy in plumbing section and they’ll know exactly what you need. At least they should.

Thanks for the tip Bretly, I’m definitely going to check those out. This might be a stupid question, but I want to find one that is female on the threaded end correct?

Yes and they should make them. Also you’ll want to grab some plumbers tape and wrap that around the threads on the bottom of your faucet there a few times before threading it together to prevent leaks there.

If you google “sharkbite female to pex” or “female to pvc” it should pop up. It will either be 1/2 inch or 3/8 inch depending on you faucet, but your faucet may have come with an adapter to step it down if needed. If not they sell those too.

1 Like

Greetings & Welcome!

I would take all pieces into a regular hardware store, not a big box stores, and they will be able to help you.

Cheers!

"Beat Murphy's Law with a KISS! (Keep It Stupidly Simple)" ~ Van_Dweller