Anxious about starting this new life!

Hello everyone! I’ve just recently decided to go down this road, so I’m very new to all of this. I don’t even have a van yet. Don’t even know how to change a tire (I will learn before leaving). I’m a 34 year old woman and have become quite disillusioned with the reality of “normal” life. The whole settling down and having a family just doesn’t feel right for me and at this point, I don’t see it ever being who I am. I think even if I made good money, living in the same area, same job, same home, same thing every day will always make me miserable. Thinking about living a simple life, moving from one area to a next, picking up different jobs so I never get too burnt out on one, being more connected to the outdoors is a lifestyle that would actually make me happy. For the first time in a long time, I’m looking forward to something. It’s a little scary, but I have to change something and this feels right. We’ll see how it works out. Anyway, just wanted to say hey and I hope to hear more from everyone.

2 Likes

Hey Gee,

I’m a newb also. This is also the first and only forum I’ve ever joined. The folks are very helpful. Any questions, just start a topic and you will get lots of feedback.

Good luck.

1 Like

Hey @geeohgeeitsme

Welcome, forums aren’t usually my thing but this ones great, people are friendly and very helpful. There’s a wide range of people vanlifing in all different scenarios on here so whatever your queries someone’s likely to be able to give some advice. Just ask away :blush:

2 Likes

Greetings & Welcome!

Sounds like you’re working on a plan, and I applaud that. I might suggest that you hone your job hunting skills in advance too.

I think passenger vans are a much wiser choice than cargo vans. Perhaps a mini van will be in your price range and big enough. They can sometimes be found pretty cheap, and they certainly qualify for being easy to park almost anywhere.

Cheers!

"Be a credit to the human race, and make the world a better place." ~ Off Grid

1 Like

Hi! I am also new here. I’ve been thinking a lot about van life and the tremendous opportunities it offers for travel. When I see the amazing van build outs featured on YouTube and Instagram, I want to get out on the road in my own converted van. I hope your travels begin soon.

2 Likes