Affordable Mini Wood Burner

LOOK at THIS mini wood burner for only $181! I thought all that was available for on the road was the expensive Cubic Mini that I’ve seen in some rigs of Youtubers. I was so depressed by the cost and gave up a long time ago. I decided tonight to search mini wood burner thinking that maybe I could find something cheaper that could be adapted.

This Etsy craftsperson is selling them like crazy! Has 3 left at this time and 20 people have it in their carts. If you want the 4-pc flue and rain cap it’s $284, still good compared to the Cubic Mini.

I’d love to have a tiny wood stove in my van. Main issue, a pipe hole would have to be cut. Couldn’t it be cut into the top side rather than the roof?

I use a Newport Dickinson solid fuel heater. It can burn wood, but wood doesn’t last long in a small stove - you’d be refueling it every 20 minutes, so I use charcoal or coal. Has to be made for it - can’t burn charcoal or coal in a normal wood stove. It’s more efficient to run the flue straight up. I’d rather cut a hole in the roof than the side.

1 Like

Greetings!

As much as I like campfires & woodstoves, I wouldn’t want one in my van.

Instead, I have a totally safe campfire inside my van any time I want it, here’s a link:

I enlarge it to full screen mode, and presto…

Cheers!

“Everything should be made as simple as possible." ~ Einstein

1 Like

Any heater that doesn’t use electricity involves fire, and wood/charcoal/coal are a lot safer to store and transport than liquid or gas fossil fuels. I do agree however, that forgetful buffoons should probably not use a solid fuel heater.

Greetings!

Basically all the heaters we use that require any type of fuel instead of electricity alone involve fire, whether it is obvious or not. The simplest truth is that fire is very efficient at providing heat.

Safety is obtained by both our choice of fuels, and the safety measures we take. Having all the appropriate detectors is also a good idea, as well as adequate ventilation.

As with many things, our safety is our own responsibility, and our lives can depend upon it.

Cheers!

“Everything should be made as simple as possible." ~ Einstein

1 Like

You mean regular barbecue charcoal briquettes? How is a stove that can burn those different?

Yes, I love those here at home…:fire:

A stove that can burn charcoal or coal has a grate built into the bottom of the fire box. The air always comes from the bottom through the grate. A purely wood stove just has a flat metal or fire brick bottom, and the air enters through the sides or top.

1 Like