AC and DC battery charger recommendation

We need an AC To DC charger. Please can you recommend a good one. We are new to Van conversions doing our first build. Thank you!!

Greetings!

Size & type of batteries/system would help us give you good advise. My mind reading skills are broken…:slight_smile:

Cheers!

"Failures are merely a learning oportunity." ~ Rubber Tramp

1 Like

Thank you so much for responding. Sorry about that. We have two Li Time LiFePO4 Plus 12v 230ah batteries. We will be using Renogy components.

Greetings!

In the battery documentation, it should give the recommended battery charging specs. It is debatable whether you should double that with 2 batteries. I have read recommendations on both sides of the argument. Perhaps Renogy can help you with that.

Cheers!

"Failures are merely a learning oportunity." ~ Rubber Tramp

1 Like

Thank you!! As always, I appreciate your input!!

Check out a company DonRowe.com for inverters, chargers. Great tech line and customer service. I have purchased several products from them, been around for years.

1 Like

Hello
We’re in Southern Ontario Canada going into our third year of a build(by choice) 2020 sprinter 170". The very first thing I ordered was 3 170ah renogy batteries for 510 ah. Went with the renogy 3000 watt inverter/charger and 50amp DC to DC charge controller. Why are you specifically looking for an AC to DC charger? Also I can’t find a LiTime 230 ah battery on their site or Amazon? Is that correct?

Hi Bill,

Yes, a LiTime 230 a battery. Please see attached:

We purchased a Renegy inverter/charger.

Cheers

Hi Sherry and Alan,

I saw that you already purchased a Renogy, but if still uninstalled, consider that Victron is pretty widely regarded as the gold standard. Yes, you pay for that up front. The boating community trusts Victron above all others; the brand is time-tested, and for my money, if it’s reliable enough for ocean crossings…you get the drift. Other brands may be a better fit, depending on various factors. For my (eventual) build, it will be about peace of mind.

Recommendation:
I came across Ross Lukeman on YouTube and, as a beginner, his approachable and careful teaching style was apparent, so I paid for his online Van Power Masterclass. I have NO regrets! He uses Victron gear (mostly,) so his course gives lots of detailed step by step info on the setup. He details a few different “levels” of power systems, each with superb and detailed diagrams, parts lists, procedures. I should add that his course does not just deal with the innards of the components, but with the actual implementation of an entire three-source power system (solar + shore power + alternator.)

Safe Travels!

3 Likes