My name is Nate and this is my 1972 Dodge Xplorer. She’s 46 years old, not an inch of rust on her, almost 20 feet long, and runs great. [96,000 miles]
I’ve (almost) completely gutted the inside. I put in some bamboo flooring, insulated one interior panel, installed a roof vent, got a tune up, remedied all the roof leaks, and I’m currently working on the bed area/storage underneath. That being said, I still have a lot of questions and concerns. Here’s a short list:
- Can she make it to the West Coast (I live in NC), also - how much would that trip cost?
- Which solar panels are right for me? The top is fiberglass, so I can’t mount too much to it.
- Is crowdfunding/sponsorship a viable option?
- Where do I find some damn turn signal lenses that aren’t 100 bucks a piece?!
- At what point do I stop thinking about it and just start driving?
I’m very confident in my construction/woodworking ability, but I’m sure I will have questions about electrical and plumbing when I get there.
Do you guys have any questions for me?