1993 econline question

Hi all, I have a 1993 Ford econline starquest with a 5.8l engine and 138k on the tranny. My question is when I decide to rebuild it could I put a newer econline engine with 4x4 transmission and new wiring harness?

Anything is possible if you throw enough money at it, or you have the skills. But is it a good idea given your budget, the age of the van, etc? Only you can answer that.

1 Like

Thank you. I’m not even planning that project yet because I have quite a bit of life left in it I think but I was just wondering for the future.

Greetings!

Most of the people wanting 4x4 is more of an ego thing than an actual needs thing, and winds up only getting them in more trouble than if they didn’t have it. With 2 wheel drive, hopefully 2 of your wheels still have traction, with 4x4 you break traction on all 4 wheels and become an unsteerable sled.

I prefer recovery tools over 4x4…

Cheers!

"Always avoid expensive solutions to cheap problems." ~ OffGrid

1 Like

I completely understand that. I have a 4x4 truck already but almost always use 2 wheel drive. We get quite a bit of snow and ice so I like to have the option for more traction.

1 Like