12v residential style switches?

Hey everyone!
I’m starting my build and I’ve been on the hunt for 12v residential style/sized switches to work with cut in boxes and/or regular style junction boxes. I’ve had very minimal luck on my search. Does anyone have a link or a source where I could purchase these?

If not what are you using or suggest for 12v switches?

We used something similar to this: PWM LED Slide Dimmer 8A (Wall Plate) (Side Slider) Low Voltage 12v/24v DC (3-Way) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N13MTRK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_XcEeGbJH0H5FE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Though not exactly what I bought. This is what shows when I click the link in my order history. I would check that brand and see if they have others.

It is just an on/off switch though. I don’t think voltage matters as long as it is rated for the correct amount of amps. You will not use a ground or all connections available on the switch but you still have two wires. I think it would work just fine if you used residential style switches that were intended for 110/120.

Edit: Maxxima Low Voltage 0-10V Slide Dimmer Switch, Wall Plate Included https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K2CH5VH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_2lEeGbTNM4MK4 this is closer to what we used. Maybe try searching low voltage as opposed to 12v.

Here’s what I bought for our 12V system: Amazon.com
Super easy set up and there’s a dimmer!

If you are simply switching 12V there is no need for a special switch, use a normal household switch. A switch simply breaks or connects a circuit, if we are talking regular (<300 V AC or <50V DC ) then any household wall switch will work just fine.

It is the current you need to pay attention too. If you are talking about a switch for a winch (maybe 400 amps) or auto starter, then no, but if you keep it to normal loads (<20 amps) just use a cheap 97 cent home depot or lowes switch.

Thanks to everyone who responded!

Well I was mainly looking for dimming application, and in theory yes a regular switch should work for lights ect but a 120v switch is rated for for that amount of electrical pressure, Im slightly worried about the resistance the material poses for 12v when in reality it’d probably be fine. Just me being particular and extra :rofl:

Do not skimp on the cost of it, if you get a cheap dimmer it will make an annoying buzzing sound. Ours does not, but I have come across those that do.