What is this Thing...?

There are two of these nice, sturdy metal tubes/pipes/? on both sides of my Sprinter. They make handy steps, but I’m a little concerned that’s not really what they are intended for. I don’t want to cause damage and I have some real steps on order - but what are these called and what are they used for?

Thanks in advance!


Those look like they’re meeant to be steps to me… :wink:


"Be the reason someone smiles today!" ~ Van_Dweller