Van Life Academy SCAM or not?

Introduce Yourself…

Howdy y’all. I am new here. Long story short I signed up for the van life academy early December. I have not been given access to this information and each e-mail reply is weeks between. I understand it was holiday season but I sent my paypal transaction info and was given the same responses.

I really did want to use this info so my question is, has anyone had success using this platform/service? Was this just terrible timing for them to setup my account and access?

thanks,

Josh

Just what I’ve found, but there is more than enough (indeed too much) free information on the web regarding building and living in a van either part-time or full-time. Whatever you want to do is out there. There’s 1000’s of you tubes and websites with everything from wood cabinets to 8020 builds, no-build builds, water and electrical systems, stories on how to work and live, where to park/camp, and the upsides and downsides and the successes and failures. All free for the reading/viewing. Pay particular attentions to the failures and those who tried living full-time and gave up on it. It definitely isn’t for everybody.

1 Like

Greetings & Welcome!

I would start by contacting them, maybe there was a glitch in the system that you fell through. You might also go to the site, enter your username, and tell it you forgot your password. If it recognizes your username, it should send you a new password to gain access. Everything should be automated.

Also, check your emails spam folder, sometimes stuff like your access information could accidentally get marked as spam, and be hidden unless you hunt for it. Not sure how how long your email will keep spam before deleting it.

Lot’s of good help here too!

As a last resort you could try to get a refund through paypal.

Good luck & keep us posted.

Cheers!

“Everything should be made as simple as possible." ~ Einstein

This really looks like crap to me. No offense, but there is not a single reference or review that leads me to believe this is anything other than some dude that cooked up a wordpress site to sell his experiene. Which from reading, doesn’t sound like much

DON’T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT
"This saved us from wiring a switch wrong and potentially causing a fire.

Who? Who wrote this?

No blog posts for two years and a FAQ’s section that never came to fruition. Sounds to me like you paying this guy $50 a month for his 18 months of learning experience.

As the quote states in the consulting page:

It is not. @#$%ing. worth it.

I guess I’m just confused, I thought this platform was associated with the vanlife academy?

It was $95 for full access and I know there is a ton of research and advice out there, was just trying to soak everything I could find in.

I’ve already submitted a PayPal claim and they haven’t responded in weeks. I didn’t want to jump on the angry train if there was some sort of misunderstanding but this site and academy seems like a scam to me.

Again, still just confused here.

You’re one of the founding members of this forum? And the main website links to this academy?

I mainly was just trying to soak everything in I could honestly so for $95 it seemed worth it.

And yes I agree about the wiring comment, not so much worried about that. Just don’t want to have to tear stuff apart later so I’m more interested in the layout choices and things like insulation.

I’m not a founding member, I haven’t founded anything. That’s just some title that came with registering for the forum early. It’s just a standard forum platform afterall.

But I guess I was mistaken here and I probably should not have poo pooed this so hard. I assumed you meant this https://vanlife.academy/ which was my mistake, but my review of that one still stands true.

I still feel that it’s just a money making scheme for what it’s worth. Pretty sure all of that info is on youtube for free.

Ahh makes sense. Thanks for the info/help. I mean I wanted to be supportive of some platform giving solid information was the min reason. I know there is a ton of free resources as well.

Thanks again

Alrighty, So finally got a response. Was super nice, was given access, so the courses do exist!

Seems like from a glance a lot of good info so it does seem worth that price. There is a lot more technical info that is helpful.

1 Like

Greetings!

Great! Glad it got worked out…

We’re always here too for anything you need, so you should be well covered.

Cheers!

“Everything should be made as simple as possible." ~ Einstein

1 Like

:: I thought you were the real founding member too. Well, who is/are the founder? FBook Groups does that when you come onboard early. Or there’s a setting, rather, that the owner can use to label the first members like that. It’s happened to me but I was told ahead of time by the owner.