UK Newbie here...surprise surprise

Introduce Yourself…

Hi all, hope life is treating you well. Just introducing myself, I’m looking starting the Van life at some point this year or early next year… I think it would suit me perfectly with my job to be honest, I work all over the country and I’m very fortunate that I spend the majority of my weeks in hotels, and I get all my food covered and fuel costs paid. Very lucky in that respect, however, I’m paying rent and bills for a house im never in!! Plus with child maintenance etc I never seem to be able to save a lot! Driving me crazy as I feel I’m working myself into an early grave.

My one main concern is that I have a 2 year old daughter that usually stays with me at weekends etc, and I’m wondering if anyone has been in the same situation and how you got around it “vanlife” style.

:slightly_smiling_face:

Greetings & Welcome!

If I was in your situation, I think I’d consult a lawyer. They should be experts at staying legal.

Cheers!

"Knowledge is power, but only action makes it happen." ~ Off_Grid

What an unusual situation. I agree with @Van_Dweller. Here are some other folks who could have creative solutions/ideas:

• Lawyer
  • Therapist
  • Your child’s pediatrician
  • Other divorced parents (support groups, other forums, etc.)
  • Mediator

I bet you’ll find something that will work.