Prep for winter in TX

Introduce Yourself…

HI Ya’ll …I been going to TX for last 6 yrs to stay in a travel trailer that I sold last year. I am downsizing to a van. I plan on living in it for winter months only so it will be a minimalist conversion. I been researching buying a used cargo van with windows and want your advice if it matters if I get a six or eight cylinder. Thanks in advance for your opinions & for all of your info I have read.

Greetings & Welcome!

For a full sized van I would go for a V8 or even V10 to give you better versatility and sometimes even better gas mileage. For me personally, I’d rather have more power than I need, than less power than I want or need.

I would also give consideration to cheap, smaller motorhomes. They can often be the best bang for a buck, and move in ready to boot. While some embrace a minimalist lifestyle, or at least claim to, when it comes at the cost of comfort & convenience, I’ll take the comfort & convenience any day of the week.

Cheers!

"Old school, cheap, simple, reliable, and easily replaceable for the win!" ~ Traveler@Heart

1 Like