New member - looking for friendly travelers!

Hi everyone, I’m a solo female traveler currently living in a 33’ 5th Wheel. I’m looking for other solo female travelers or fun people to meet up with on the road!

I’m also thinking about downsizing my rig to a campervan and would love to hear people’s advice.

Thanks and looking forward to meeting you all!

2 Likes

Greetings & Welcome!

I have loved most of my camper vans, but in all honesty, similar sized Class C motorhomes were much more comfortable. I free camped on the streets in cities all over the USA without any problems. The added width and intelligent layouts in factory motorhomes along with all their amenities is hard to beat.

Small van front metal bodied skoolies can also be converted into very durable motorhomes… I prefer them to the fiberglass bodied ones.

Good Luck & keep us posted!

Cheers!

"It is always cheaper and easier to conserve power than it is to make it." ~ Road Warrior

1 Like

Hey Caitlin!

I’m a “soon to be” (2-3 months) solo traveler as well and have also been looking for people to meet up with, or even form some sort of “travel group” with. But there doesn’t really seem to be much in the way of that though, or at least not as I’ve found anyway. I did find one group actually, but due to COVID they have presently ceased operations. :slightly_frowning_face:

I’ve considered the idea of trying to put together some sort of medium (Like a Discord Channel or something) for the purpose of finding groups to travel with and such, but frankly, haven’t made much headway as of yet with it.

But if you find, or begin to form, any such entity be sure to let me know about it! :smiley:

1 Like

Greetings!

Usually if you go to a gathering, it’s easy to find one or more people heading the same direction you are. I’ve traveled with ~10 or so others, and they would split off, but others joined in. With the right people it can be a blessing and a really fun time, but bad apples can spoil it in a hurry. The good news is you can leave the bad apples in your rear view mirror. I’ve had to do that a few times over the years.

Cheers!

"Always avoid expensive solutions to cheap problems." ~ OffGrid

I’m going from Connecticut to Arizona at the beginning of December,are you in any of the southern states. :slight_smile:

Greetings & Welcome!

@ TheVagrantResidence

I’m currrently in MN for the winter, but wanted to say we’re glad you’re here and look forward to your participation.

Cheers!

"Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst." ~ Murphy

Solo female traveler here in Texas! I’m not sure based on your profile where you’re at, I do tend to go to the southeast a lot. Trying to plan some more trips out west. But due to covid that may be a while.

Congratulations on this new part of your journey. I just had my one-year anniversary on the 16th. Even with the ridiculous repairs on my 20-year-old van, it’s still cheaper and more enjoyable than a brick and mortar.

1 Like