New Member, Glad to meet you!

Introduce Yourself…

Please allow me to introduce myself…….John, been vanning since the 70s!
First Van 1978 Chevy G20 new, made to order, $4700. Time have changed! 3 builds later…still at it. Years of experience through trial and error. I have finally reached my pinacle of my ideal Van. I am retired, leaving a career in electronics and marine electric/electronic installation. Solar, chargers, inverters, communications and navigation, you name it. Any questions I will be glad to help.
Here is a run down on my set up.
2000 Chevy Express 1500 High Top
350 Small Block
Hawk HD Brake System
Airlift
LED headlights and driving lights
Swivel Captain Seats
LED lighting through out

Electrics:
Bosch HD Alternator
Blue Seas ACR Battery Link
2 Group 31 AGM House Batteries W/ A/B switch
120W Solar w/ Morningstar Controller
Xantrex 20A Marine Dual Bank Charger
Kisae 2KW Pure Sine Wave Inverter
Shore Power
All wiring and hardware Marine Grade

Communications:
Kenwood 2M
Yaesu 450D HF
Icom Marine VHF
Cobra CB/ Weather

Navigation:
Garmin 51 GPS
IPad Air ll w/ Garmin GLOll GPS w/ GAIA mapping and Google Earth real time
Internet

Galley:
600W Microwave
Mr. Coffee (Wife)
Pressurized Water 6 gal with optional +6
4.5 cu ft fridge
Igloo Cooler

Entertainment:
Sony head (cab) Xm
18” flat screen
DVD
Clarion 12 band EQ
Kenwood 35x4 amp
Pioneer 6x9 (2 rear), 6” (4)
Ipad Mirror
Option to link cab system with rear system

Queen size bed w/ 10” memory foam
Porta pottie /5 gal holding tank
Smoke/ Carbon Monoxide Detector
Viper Alarm System
5.5 BTU AC mounted in rear door
Yamaha 2K Inverter/Generator

2 Likes

Greetings & Welcome!

Mine’s much simpler & cheaper, but fulfills all my needs.

If we’re happy with our choices, that’s all that counts. I have been a nomad my entire adult life, and I’m 76 now, and still chugging along.

Cheers!

"Be the reason someone smiles today!" ~ Van_Dweller

I have always been a Techie. lol My Wife just rolls her eyes when I announce my next future project. I really dont have that much invested. I got most of the parts at cost and did all the work myself except for the brakes and the airlift. HappyTrails! Be Safe!

Beautiful Van! Ours is a simpler set up. We are using our camping stove and a Jackery for most of our power. On our shakedown trip, we found that the chest-style 12v fridge was a game changer. What item from your list do you feel is most essential?

Nice to meet you. All of mods lend to the quality and comfort of camping. I would probably say the porta pottie! My Wife is a coffee drinker, if we would stop everytime she has to go we wouldn’t get out of the driveway. I do admit any time the urge arises, no problem. Was really nice when covid was a concern not have to stop and use public restrooms. In the middle of the night it sure beats stumbling around the woods. Of coarse my duty is “pottie patrol” which I have down to an art. I don’t wait until is full to dump it and I keep it super clean and 2X the pottie juice so no pottie funk.
The pressurize water is 2nd. Living in Fl. sand/ saltwater. We can
stop at any beach go for a swim, rinse the sand and saltwater off and we’re good to go.

Potty Patrol :slight_smile: That would be a tough one for me!

I think we are okay with roughing it potty-wise, but that pressurized water sounds great!

Perri

It’s definitely is at the bottom of my list. You know what they say about a happy Wife, lol.
The wash down was a great addition. Saves a ton of work keeping the sand in check. I even use it to rinse the van off. The 6 gal water bladder (walmart) in a plastic crate is removable so it can be filled anywhere and can be left in the sun for a nice hot solar shower. I used a Marine 12v washdown pump. The whole project was probably under $150.

Greetings!

I use a manual pump weed sprayer painted black for a shower, with a kitchen sink sprayer nozzle attached. No power needed, and if the sun doesn’t heat it, my stove can. For the kitchen I use trigger spray bottles from the dollar store instead of running water. Saves water & for me seems really convenient.

I’ve been known for using my shower to wash my van too… :smiley:

Cheers!

2 Likes

Greetings!

I like it!

Cheers!

1 Like

nice van! welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Hey All!
Glad to be here… Here is my 2013 Hunting Rig/ Campaign van
It’s a work in progress I’ve installed a back seat, bed , lights , fan and insulated the floor with sound deading material and temp control around the bed.
I will take some pics of the inside something later.

Joel

2 Likes

Greetings & Welcome!

We’ll be looking forward to it!

Cheers!

Hi there, I am Eliana. Everyone has its own passion and choices. I don’t have much interest in Cars. Instead I love wearing new cloths and dresses and I think a person with good dressing sense looks more attractive.
Thanks for introducing yourself

Wow impressive setup! And since the 70’s!! Wow! Bet you have alot of stories…

1 Like

Hi all, I am interested in cars and motorcycles. Pleased to meet you

1 Like

Welcome friend! Are you a VanLifer or interested in it?