Monstaliner on the exterior of your RV?

Hello, I’m looking into painting the exterior of my 1981 Toyota dolphin. I’ve been hearing about monstiner as a do it yourself option. Has anyone used this product on the exterior shell or an RV? Or should I still with auto paint?
Any do yourself suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Julianne

1 Like

Greetings!

I don’t know much about monstaliner, but white will keep you cooler in the summer.

Cheers!

I’ve used chip guard from the lower body lines to the rocker panels. So far the paint hasn’t been chipped and I’ve been down some terrible trails.
It isn’t smooth like enamel paint but it comes clean with a soft brushing. I do honestly have some branch marks in the upper areas but they don’t bother me and they aren’t to the primer so I’m not concerned about them. After all I want to boondock and if the trails were groomed and paved folks would be parking right next to me.
Let us know how it is to work with and the way it holds up. It might be the next project I look into.
Thanks for posting this subject.
Beeps.

1 Like

I’m not familiar with monstaliner. Although it can be an optional step, applying a clear coat on the paint can help protect its looks over extended periods. At this point, you can either choose a matte, glossy, or semi-gloss paint finish.

I’m not familiar with monstalin. That is why I do not recommend it.