Long Term Finances of Vanlife

I’m gonna do some searching myself and find some way to make money.I’ll put together a write-up with links and whatnot

I’m not sure if its caught on everywhere yet but Rover is a good way to make money, quickly. And you’re only walking dogs or checking on cats for a few minutes. I do this and pay for all of my international flights with the money.

These are just spit ball ideas. I have not researched or done any of these:
House sitting, Personal shopper, secret shopper, doing surveys, bicycle delivery, start a blog

**I am a firm believer that everything happens when its supposed to. Keep working towards your goals and it’ll all fall into place

1 Like

Question about house sitting or pet sitting. The apps for those jobs appear geared to people in a fixed location vs. nomad/ van dwellers. Can anyone share info about this?

Greetings!

Just put and ad in Craigslist or the like.

Cheers!

"Be the reason someone smiles today!" ~ Van_Dweller

2 Likes

Hi, Gen and Zac! First of all, best of luck.

I’m a quality assurance engineer and software tester. And I’m working towards an IT degree with a view to be a digital nomad.

If you Google “Ways to make money on the road”, there’s a tonne of ideas from various nomads - some more lucrative than others. There’s quite a few good books on the market as well in terms of helping you find a passion that you can turn into a money-making idea, or using your existing skills and experience to offer a new service.

My question is straightforward about what kind of business are you going to start? Usually, people think that online businesses are the easiest ones that is not true. In actual, you will have to do great hard work with patience. Yes, online business takes time to be stable and get started generating income. In this period, I would recommend you guys to do some freelancing job or you can join FluidStack platform and can get passive income from your devices.

On the other hand, why don’t you guys started working as travel bloggers? Travel bloggers are earning a lot nowadays. However, you would be called entrepreneurs if you come with unique blogging ideas.

Greetings!

From what I’ve read, very few people make much from blogging ot any type of social media, but if you have a good product or service and know how to market it, you can do well.

Cheers!

2 Likes

What about Vlogging to promote products from a big brand or to give travel guide (already people are doing but ratio is less)? But I think it would need time and effort.

1 Like

Greetings!

You have to be very popular and very lucky to achieve this, in my humble opinion the market is already over saturated, and unless you fill some sort of neglected niche, your chances are probably slim to none.

I always suggest people work normal jobs until they can build an online income large enough to support themselves, and put money away for later.

Cheers!

1 Like

And just be sure to explore all options of education before jumping into just one decision. With the internet - there’s so much valuable information at our fingertips

1 Like

I’m writing a book about practical ways to build a better life. One of the tips I have is for recent grads not to rush into college unless they’re absolutely sure it will lead to the life they want to lead. Would you be interested in doing an interview with me for the book? You can see the supporting blog I recently started here www.leanback.blog --let me know if you’re interested in talking. And good luck on your trip!

1 Like

Greetings & Welcome!

Sure, I’d be willing to help. There’s tons of money to be made without a college education, and without the debt. People neeed to know the things they should be teaching in school, but don’t. In short they need to know how to make money, not just how to get a job.

People need to know how to make money both online and offline without a traditional job. They need to know how they can put at least a couple hundred dollars in their pocket TODAY, without waiting for a paycheck. They need to know how to do it legally, within the system, and without asking for government or public assistance.

It’s actually a very simple process, find a need and fill it. I can help fill in the blanks for a number of those…

Cheers!

Thanks for your willingness to help. Let me know the easiest way to get in touch with you…

1 Like

Greetings!

You can send me personal messages here, but really since this could help many people, it would probably be best to keep it in the mainn forum so it can help as many people as possible.

Cheers!

"The money to live comfortably is the best medicine in the world." ~ Road_Money

this book would be interesting to me! are u making it an ebook?

totally agree with this. internet has tons of useful and free stuff