I am new here. hello

hey. hi. hello.

i don’t think i’m all that interesting. was initially taken in by the freedom and the mobility aspect- in a noninvolvment sort of way.

i was struggling to write (fiction) - about a nomadic free spirit - and found myself enjoying looking into it. (don’t worry not just the shiny pinterest stuff) i struggle with depression so that was a big deal for me.

it just became a genuine interest of mine and im planning for full time vanlife. (but going slow)

i am 26, with fibromyalgia/ spinal arthritis, ptsd (poor childhood), anxiety (mostly social), and depression.

but this might just be a passion of mine, go figure, feel free to ask me anything.

Greetings & Welcome!

Glad to hear you’re looking into real #vanlife rather than all the crud on Youtube & Instagram and the like. It’s mostly promoters with a selfish agenda, or newbies without a clue giving directions to others. Neither case usually ends well.

Cheap, older, unmodified factory campers are usually the best bang for your buck, and once they are fully depreciated, they hold their value pretty well. With such a rig, you could try out the lifestyle with minimum risk, because you could sell it and get your money back if it didn’t work out for you.

Do you have an income? This is one of the more frequent reasons for failure in this lifestyle. I’m living much more frugally than most at about $600/mo, but I am usually staying in cities for about 6 months at a time so my fuel costs are low. If you’re doing much traveling or boondocking, your expenses go way up. I also park for free in the city, and typically pretty close to whatever resources/amenities I want.

This lifestyle isn’t for everyone, most seem to drop out within a year or so, especially those with self built campers. People with factory campers and RV’s seem to be much happier and last a lot longer.

Good Luck & keep us posted.

Cheers!

“A smart man learns from his mistakes.
A wise man learns from others’ mistakes.”
~ Never_2_L8_2_Learn