Hi from New Zealand

After what seems an eternity of researching vans and layouts, we’ve just taken possession of our Toyota HiAce Jumbo LWB High Roof Wide body - it was the biggest we could find HiAce-wise.

We’ve just got to work on ripping out the non essentials in the back (bench seat, seat belts, etc.) and run in to our first problem …

The floor!

There are bolts all over, some of which we know are not required, and some (spare tire) we know we need. However there is a square plate with an arrow on it and four bolts at the corners.

Do we cover it or not! If only I could find out what it is without taking it off, and wondered if others had encountered similar floor related quandries.

1 Like

Hi welcome! Congrats on getting your start!
I couldn’t say what the plate is but I did have a similar problem when I first got my used vehicle. I was able to find out from the dealer I purchased it from that the bolts had been from shelving that used to be inside.
Hope you figure it out! Can you see anything underneath?

Greetings & Welcome!

Some models had an access hatch to the top of the fuel tank to make it easier to replace the fuel pump or sensors.

Cheers!

"Be the reason someone smiles today!" ~ Van_Dweller

1 Like

Thanks and now that I’ve googled the correct phrase it come up with a video that show it is indeed a fuel filter/pump access hatch.

As a new user I can’t add a link but the you tube video is

v=lYf5l8YOoTM

I had better make sure that I leave access to that when laying the floor!

1 Like

When I’ve laid the floor I’ll see if I can add some pics showing the access to the hatch and also the spare wheel release nut at the rear of the van floor.

1 Like