Help with Electrical, SoCal Vanlife

What’s going on fellow Vannies! My name is Joey, and I’m new to all of this. I’m currently in the process of conveying my 99 Ford e150 into a cool getaway. A little background of how why I’m choosing this electrical style, is because I do not plan on staying in my van for more then 2 weeks tops. (As of now) I really want to use it as a adventure van. So I was wondering if anyone on here, or anyone in the SoCal Area could give me advice or hands on help. Im in desperate need for help with electrical stuff. I have watched tons of videos, and read many articles, but I still don’t have the confidence to do it without some personal help. I’m going to be running a isolator- battery- intvertor. I got my supplies already I believe, but I don’t know where to start and how to wire everything up… any help would be apprectiated!!!

Hey man,

I live in Los Angeles and would be more than happy to help. I installed one of those relays in an RV just last week!!

Awesome, if you want to email me to get in touch that would be sweet. Thank you!

Greetings!

I just went to a used battery shop, told them what I wanted, and an hour later I was ready to roll. Total cost for everything, including the battery, isolator, wiring, battery box, and everything was $80.00. That got it done considerably quicker than I could have done it.

For $40 more, I had them install low battery cut-offs for both my starter battery and my house battery. That also included all the parts. They recommended them, and I love them and think everybody should get them.

This setup allows me to camp for about a week on my house battery, then switch to my starting battery for another week, and still have plenty of power to start the rig. I do have a generator and a battery charger for backup purposes, but rarely need to use them.

Cheers!

"Too cold? You need more heat, not more insulation." ~ Happy Camper