Have the van, need some more things:

Been wicked busy finding, buying, then driving my new van home from Boulder to Maine last week. Now I’m wicked busy putting the finishing touches on this nice used van, and clearing out my house to rent. Whoop Whoop!

Went with an Ogo composting toilet and love it, just saying, nice low profile (the only one that would fit) and good design.

I need several things that could use your help:

1. I need a wind scoop for the roof rack for both noise and gas mileage. Any ideas where to find one?
  2. Needs new cushions and can’t find anyone near here that can take the job before I leave, any recommendations for someone on the East Coast, Maine to Florida?

My plan is to road trip in the US and Canada for a year and then see what happens. I have new life in me and so much to look forward to–like meeting some of you!
Hannafree

Greetings!

Boat repair shops often do upholstery.

I would DIY the wind deflector using the poor mans fiberglass (aka foamie) type construction. Lightweight, yet extremely strong.

Cheers!

"Be the reason someone smiles today!" ~ Van_Dweller

1 Like

I had several cushion covers made to fit the exact dimensions I needed. I just bought bedding foam from a Fred Meyer store which is similar to Walmart and some filler material to create the cushions and sleeping pad that was acceptable. I sent the dimensions off to a place called https://www.slipcovershop.com/ Out of New York and it only takes roughly 10 days from order to ship. I’ve ordered from them twice and very happy with the results.

Good suggestion. I am not the best at making measurements, especially of odd angles, but perhaps…

Those are great images of a nice job building. The cushions look great, thanks for the ideas!

1 Like

I understand the idea of cutting foam to form the curve needed, but not the kind of foam that wouldn’t break down in wind and rain? Foamie? Please tell me more, I like where this is going.

Greetings!

Boy, that looks really nice, and I’m not easily impressed!

Cheers!

1 Like

Greetings!

Re: Foamies

Best to just google “foamie construction”.

Cheers!

Thank you!! I put a lot of time into it. Been working on it for a couple years. I’ve done all the work myself and tried to be original…on purpose. Most of my enjoyment is not about getting everything I want want but building something and creating something in my own way:)

Greetings!

I totally understand. My swivel rocker recliner makes my interior pretty cramped, but I wouldn’t change it for the world. I work from it, eat from it, lounge in it, and occasionally sleep in it. All in total comfort.

Cheers!

1 Like